Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers
 [Register]
Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers Northwest Arkansas
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2020, 08:38 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,571,170 times

Advertisements

Oh sure. I love Foghat - they're my favorite rocking blues band of all time. I saw them in Seattle at least 5 times. Always a rockin' good show. Rod "The Bottle" Price was one fine lead and slide guitarist. That man lived, ate and breathed the blues. As did the whole band, actually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2020, 11:39 AM

2,044 posts, read 1,772,791 times
Dear Jcoxwell, I cut my own hair using a cordless clipper and a small mirror, doing it in the last 52 years, and also I do occasional touch-ups on my wife's hair in the last 36 years.

In addition, I groomed our Irish terrier until he left us at age 14, and now I'm doing our current Airedale. These dogs' hair grows faster than our lemon trees and I saved thousands doing our own grooming.

No one complained yet except Dear Wife.

The secret is do it slow and a little bit at a time. You can do it with dry hair or right after a shower. I lift the hair with my other hand or with a large comb and clip it with the cordless machine.

Remember, cutting too much is worse than not cutting enough, then again, it will grow back and the neighbors are always grateful for the entertaining sight.

In the very worst case a baseball cap is helpful.

If you missed it, there is a thread in the California forum, claiming that our State provides free booze and weed to the homeless, delivered to their free hotel rooms. That is to stop spreading the virus. Our latest budget has a 54 billion dollar deficit, but if the homeless needs weed, we'll help them get it.

I'm glad you made it out safely and arrived in Bella Vista.

Last edited by mgforshort; 05-08-2020 at 12:00 PM..

Old 05-08-2020, 01:30 PM

2,044 posts, read 1,772,791 times
Other than that, what a fantastic place this is to live!! I feel entirely at home, and I keep pinching myself that we made it! I feel like we left the asylum, aka California, and landed in America!!" - by Jcoxwell

Did you write that postcard, starting like: "Dear Gavin, I'm here to say Goodbye...."

Old 05-08-2020, 11:11 PM

11,180 posts, read 10,582,899 times
My long term hairdresser & I are in complete agreement that there's no need to rush to the salon. She's a sensible mom of 3 young children, I'm an old woman who's not all that discouraged by my new unshorn locks.

Old 05-11-2020, 06:14 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,213,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
My long term hairdresser & I are in complete agreement that there's no need to rush to the salon. She's a sensible mom of 3 young children, I'm an old woman who's not all that discouraged by my new unshorn locks.
To go or not go has to be a personal decision For some of us, it is just good to be able to get out and do something for a change. For others they are willing to lay back and see what is going to happen before they jump into action away from home.

Old 05-11-2020, 11:07 PM

11,180 posts, read 10,582,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
To go or not go has to be a personal decision For some of us, it is just good to be able to get out and do something for a change. For others they are willing to lay back and see what is going to happen before they jump into action away from home.
Yes, totally agree that in the land of the free & the home of the brave, everyone had the right to decide how important a haircut is.

Old 05-17-2020, 08:07 AM

573 posts, read 591,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Actually all our family and friends have been able to get appointments pretty easily which is a surprise to all of us. We haven't tried the manicure place yet and that is one I am a bit worried about having openings. At least the weather in the next week or so is going to be crappy enough that we don't need to bring out the sandals.

as or men versus women through all this: yes, men can to the hair cutting a little easier but women can always find someway to fix their hair as it grows before they can get it cut. If you could see my husband right now, with a crew cut that is a month late getting cut. It is a pretty funny sight.
That's funny. My fiancee told me I was starting to look like a 19 year old my bangs were so long! I actually went ahead and got a haircut Tuesday and a pedicure Saturday much to her delight. That is a good point about women being able to manipulate it when longer, I guess it was harder for me to hide!

Old 05-20-2020, 08:43 PM

37 posts, read 31,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgforshort View Post
Other than that, what a fantastic place this is to live!! I feel entirely at home, and I keep pinching myself that we made it! I feel like we left the asylum, aka California, and landed in America!!" - by Jcoxwell

Did you write that postcard, starting like: "Dear Gavin, I'm here to say Goodbye...."
LOL!! I should have done!! What a ridiculous man! The rest of my family still lives in the bay area, and they are very confused, which is what I believe 'Gruesome' prefers! I hope you get out of the asylum, mgforshort!!

Old 05-20-2020, 08:45 PM

Wow, I got one of the best stylists in Bella Vista! The 'August Jane' Salon has a brilliant stylist/colorist by the name of Bethany. She is the only stylist at the salon who is taking new clients. I am SOOOO pleased!!!

Old 05-20-2020, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
It's really a shame you had to bash CA, and couldn't just get to the point. CA has fresh air, I understand about the fires, and it too bad it impacted your health. But that didn't last for long, you make it sound like you hadn't fresh airs in 2 years....sigh.

People like you have just added to the divide of this country, Pitting one state against another, it used to be "United We Stand Divided We Fall", boy has this country fallen, and not just because of this. This will be it though.

Go on You Tube and learn to cut you own hair, have you other half assist you.

America huh? America is done dear, and in good part to people who have become so intolerant. Red state, blue state, well the economy in case you hadn't noticed tanked. Everyone will be impacted in some way. And civil unrest is also a real possibility.

My late father said about 10 years ago, this country implode from within, it won't be Islamic terrorists. Glad he isn't hear to see it come to fruition.

Surprise, surprise you can't get a haircut in Arkansas for the time being, and I wouldn't hold my breath for that May 6th date, better get some clippers.
Hmmm...You know nothing about me or my experiences in CA. I lived there for the last 38 years, all over the state. It's not a good state to live in for many reasons, but the fact that I almost got killed in the Carr fire and it ruined my health for two years is reason enough for us to leave. We LOVE it here, and my lungs and throat have healed very well within two months, which is gravy.

The salons did open up on May 6th, and I got a beautiful style/color/cut, in Bella Vista, thank you. I cut my husband's hair and have done for many years.

I do feel like I finally live in America, whether you agree or not. Also, I'll write whatever I please about my views and as long as it doesn't violate city-data's rules, I will continue to do so in the manner I choose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arkansas > Fayetteville - Springdale - Rogers