Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2024, 11:35 PM

24,146 posts, read 32,563,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble99 View Post
I notice in New York that guys and girls are wearing baggy pants and long baggy sweatshirts or long baggy t-shirts but in Los Angeles it is the skin tight skinny look no one in LA wears baggy clothing not even the street gangs.

I hear that fashion trends start in New York and trickle to LA a year or two later. I’m wondering what other cities you notice doing the opposite. I hear the west coast cities are like different country as even the 90s and 2000s the baggy look was not think there other than the Bay Area but LA never was into it even at that time.
Yes. It is popular in NYC. And other places. It has already hit Cleveland.

They look nothing like gangs. The skinny jeans are over. Especially for the moment.

There are some loose but tailored clothes at Madewell. I am IN LOVE with the Harlow women's pants. As a small and thin person, I get swallowed easily by big, flowy and BOXY clothes. But the Harlow pants have a glamorous, art deco, old Hollywood appeal that is flattering to many women.

I don't call these "baggy". They are well cut and tailored with wider legs. They flatter so many women.

https://www.madewell.com/the-petite-...nen-NK182.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2024, 04:58 AM

50,409 posts, read 64,151,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post

They look nothing like gangs. The skinny jeans are over. Especially for the moment.

There are some loose but tailored clothes at Madewell. I am IN LOVE with the Harlow women's pants. As a small and thin person, I get swallowed easily by big, flowy and BOXY clothes. But the Harlow pants have a glamorous, art deco, old Hollywood appeal that is flattering to many women.

I don't call these "baggy". They are well cut and tailored with wider legs. They flatter so many women.

Those are very cute, and classic.

Old 04-03-2024, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Those are very cute, and classic.
Do you have them? I have two pairs so far.

Old 04-04-2024, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Do you have them? I have two pairs so far.
Not yet.

Old 04-04-2024, 04:58 AM

1,215 posts, read 1,073,840 times
I've seen some cities in Europe adopt trends from New York pretty quickly, especially when it comes to streetwear and urban styles.

Old 04-04-2024, 06:17 AM

19,755 posts, read 20,308,897 times
Yeah, not strange at all.

Old 04-04-2024, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
What I've noticed a lot lately that I think is weird is young women wearing loose-fitting "suits" to work--wide leg pants, unstructured, open blazers, but underneath they wear a crop top with their belly skin showing. Like "I'm pretending to dress businesslike with a slutty twist."

Yes, I realize this is probably just me being an old woman who grew up in an industry where we dressed conservatively in business attire.
I think those shorter suits are cute! At these there is a nod towards a professional appearance.

Sure do look better that sporting attire. Team T shirts.

Old 04-19-2024, 11:40 AM

Quote:

I just watched “You’ve Got Mail”….Towards the end of the movie, Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks have just had lunch and she is walking away to go change to meet the mystery man. Those khaki pants she is wearing are my kind of PERFECT. That was 1989, so the pants are classic.

Old 04-19-2024, 11:47 AM

1,449 posts, read 675,879 times
It's all about comfort and we are fatter than ever.

Old 04-20-2024, 09:22 AM

4,248 posts, read 6,927,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny3 View Post
It's all about comfort and we are fatter than ever.
That's not what's driving it as a fashion trend though. Look around and you will see plenty of thin, young men and women wearing baggy pants and wide leg pants with crop tops and tanks that hearken back to the 90s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty