Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2023, 07:43 AM

172 posts, read 119,217 times

Advertisements

I'm calling it now, if Robinson -- who so happens to be Black -- is nominated for Governor, he will lose in the general election. His comments don't garner much respect from me and I'm a bonafide Southern conservative. How do you think they will fare with the general population...?

He continually deflects criticism away from his own community by attacking others, saying for example, that Muslims -- including conservative religious ones -- are "invaders" and "feel entitled to respect they haven't earned".

Where was such criticism for the Marxist Black protestors, who are the literal embodiment of the entitlement class?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2023, 04:45 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,289,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Outdoorsman View Post
I'm calling it now, if Robinson -- who so happens to be Black -- is nominated for Governor, he will lose in the general election. His comments don't garner much respect from me and I'm a bonafide Southern conservative. How do you think they will fare with the general population...?

He continually deflects criticism away from his own community by attacking others, saying for example, that Muslims -- including conservative religious ones -- are "invaders" and "feel entitled to respect they haven't earned".

Where was such criticism for the Marxist Black protestors, who are the literal embodiment of the entitlement class?
I can’t believe he’ll be nominated. His max potential is probably as a wing-nut running mate.

Old 05-16-2023, 08:03 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,179,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Outdoorsman View Post
I don't think he has the depth of knowledge to be a governor. He is basically in his first political office and his training is thin.

As a person, Robinson now rails against abortion but admits that his present wife aborted his child before they married. He shows little empathy for other communities, having made odious remarks about Muslims and the LGBTQ factions.

Mark Robinson is an opportunist whose main credential is the unlikely happenstance of him being black.

Old 08-28-2023, 11:39 PM

13,232 posts, read 7,286,273 times
Robinson the LT Governor of NC is crazy. How did he get elected he claims the moon landings were faked, and lot of other weird stuff.

The Unbelievably Bonkers Conspiracy Theorist Running For Governor Of North Carolina

Old 09-06-2023, 10:51 AM

2,216 posts, read 2,936,227 times
Can't stand him! He will not get our votes.

Old 03-02-2024, 03:34 PM

57,227 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Never heard of him before I read this article, he is bat crazy.

Quote:
OCEAN ISLE BEACH, N.C. — Surrounded by fans at a beach town bar, Mark Robinson addressed his absent critics. “Mark Robinson is not running to be governor to be a bully over anybody,” he said.

Left unmentioned: The deluge of offensive comments that made such a declaration necessary. There was the time he called school shooting survivors “media prosti-tots” for advocating for gun-control policies. The meme mocking a Harvey Weinstein accuser, and the other meme mocking actresses for wearing “whore dresses to protest sexual harassment.” The prediction that rising acceptance of homosexuality would lead to pedophilia and “the END of civilization as we know it”; the talk of arresting transgender people for their bathroom choice; the use of antisemitic tropes; the Facebook posts calling Hillary Clinton a “heifer” and Michelle Obama a man.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/elect...sive-comments/

Old 03-02-2024, 05:03 PM

5,645 posts, read 6,206,522 times
He has Trump's endorsement for governor so we'll see how much that is worth. https://apnews.com/article/north-car...6aacedc63fd8af

If memory serves, Trump's endorsement didn't prove to be decisive in the 2022 midterms.

Old 03-03-2024, 08:51 AM

6,010 posts, read 2,832,710 times
He's said some things about Jews and women, amongst other comments, that I don't like. He gave a great speech at the Greensboro City Council meeting, but there's more to governing than giving a good speech about firearms. I won't be voting for him on Tuesday.

That said, I think he's the best Republican to get the rural turnout a Republican needs to win a general election, but will suffer in the suburbs. Conversely, the other Republicans (Bill Graham and Dale Folwell) will get the suburban vote, but will they get the right rural vote? It's a catch-22.

Of course, with Former President Trump at the top of the ballot, Republican candidates might get the right rural vote, no matter who the candidate is.

I'm still undecided between Bill Graham and Dale Folwell.

Old 03-03-2024, 05:49 PM

3,149 posts, read 2,204,617 times
North Carolina usually has close elections but more often than not has chosen a Democrat for governor and Republican for president in recent years.

Robinson does not seem to be the type of Republican who would appeal much to the state's middle of the road voters. Republicans have the state legislature locked down in their favor so a Democratic governor would provide some balance without having the ability to push much of a truly liberal agenda. If the Democratic nominee has a similar profile to the current governor, I think they would have a good chance of winning against Robinson.

Old 03-03-2024, 05:52 PM

3,149 posts, read 2,204,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
If memory serves, Trump's endorsement didn't prove to be decisive in the 2022 midterms.
I think that depends on the specific race. His endorsement is likely an asset in Republican primaries in red states and districts. In purple states, it can often result in weak Republican nominees who end up losing (such as Pennsylvania and Georgia's 2022 Senate races).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections