Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 11:49 AM

1,652 posts, read 2,552,810 times

Advertisements

One thing that shouldn't get overlooked here with these various statement is that Mitt can really say anything he wants because, let's face it, he's not the President. His words don't really matter much outside the sphere of a domestic political campaign.

Mitt gets to act like a tough guy and criticize the President for not going full-John Wayne when the reality of the situation is that the President (the actual President, not the wannabe President) has to be smarter about what he says.

What Obama, Biden & Clinton say and how they say it is more then just a campaign press release, it is/becomes the active policy position of the United States of America... it matters.

The President doesn't just have to look and act strong to appeal to voters right now, he has to BE strong, and BE smart because he's the President of the United States. Campaign stuff happens, of course, but in times like these, while Mitt and his team get to sit in a board room and decide how to spin and capitalize on these events for their campaign. Obama, Biden, and Clinton are sitting in a room with the security counsel, and foreign affairs advisory, and the joint chiefs, and trying to figure out the best way to address, diffuse, and react/retaliate to a very volatile, deadly situation happening right now to real people.
Mitt: Poll numbers at stake.

Obama: Lives at stake.

Mitt: How can we cut that footage into a commercial that attacks Obama but doesn't make us look too callous.

Obama: How can we secure our other embassy's and keep everyone safe?

Mitt: Maybe the PAC will come up with something.

Obama: Start meeting with other world leaders to pull together an international effort.

Mitt: How are the polls looking?

Obama: What's the situation on the ground, I need to meet with General ______.
So yeah, I'll give the President a little slack for thinking before speaking, and being smart with what he says.

And yes.. yes... I get that some of you disagree, fine, we've beaten that one to death, obviously everyone here has their positions.... that is mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 11:57 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,594,526 times
Oh please, anyone with half a brain knows Obama is only about the poll numbers. How was the trip in Vegas? He was way to busy campaigning to be bothered with responding to the recent event. And also to busy....or too intelligent LMAO.....to bother with intelligence briefings.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:59 AM

17,403 posts, read 11,997,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Oh please, anyone with half a brain knows Obama is only about the poll numbers. How was the trip in Vegas? He was way to busy campaigning to be bothered with responding to the recent event. And also to busy....or too intelligent LMAO.....to bother with intelligence briefings.
First tweet of the day on 9/11 from Obama was asking for volunteers for his campaign. Yeah, he cares about American lives....

Old 09-13-2012, 12:00 PM

4,209 posts, read 3,594,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
First tweet of the day on 9/11 from Obama was asking for volunteers for his campaign. Yeah, he cares about American lives....
He is such a loser....you just can't make this stuff up! It is almost laughable if it wasn't so scary.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:13 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,344,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
One thing that shouldn't get overlooked here with these various statement is that Mitt can really say anything he wants because, let's face it, he's not the President. His words don't really matter much outside the sphere of a domestic political campaign.

Mitt gets to act like a tough guy and criticize the President for not going full-John Wayne when the reality of the situation is that the President (the actual President, not the wannabe President) has to be smarter about what he says.

What Obama, Biden & Clinton say and how they say it is more then just a campaign press release, it is/becomes the active policy position of the United States of America... it matters.

The President doesn't just have to look and act strong to appeal to voters right now, he has to BE strong, and BE smart because he's the President of the United States. Campaign stuff happens, of course, but in times like these, while Mitt and his team get to sit in a board room and decide how to spin and capitalize on these events for their campaign. Obama, Biden, and Clinton are sitting in a room with the security counsel, and foreign affairs advisory, and the joint chiefs, and trying to figure out the best way to address, diffuse, and react/retaliate to a very volatile, deadly situation happening right now to real people.

Mitt: How can we cut that footage into a commercial that attacks Obama but doesn't make us look too callous.

Obama: Start meeting with other world leaders to pull together an international effort.

So yeah, I'll give the President a little slack for thinking before speaking, and being smart with what he says.

And yes.. yes... I get that some of you disagree, fine, we've beaten that one to death, obviously everyone here has their positions.... that is mine.
Obama could have at least had the Middle East embassies on high alert for 9-11. Then, after the rioting started in Egypt there should have been Marines flooding into those embassies. There were NO Marines in the Benghazi embassy!Why would Obama's state department even be using the embassy in Benghazi if it was not defended or defensible?
Obama has not even met with his Security advisors! His priority was campaigning in Vegas!

Old 09-13-2012, 01:33 PM

17,403 posts, read 11,997,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Obama could have at least had the Middle East embassies on high alert for 9-11. Then, after the rioting started in Egypt there should have been Marines flooding into those embassies. There were NO Marines in the Benghazi embassy!Why would Obama's state department even be using the embassy in Benghazi if it was not defended or defensible?
Obama has not even met with his Security advisors! His priority was campaigning in Vegas!
Should have at least given the Marines bullets. Just sayin'.......

Old 09-13-2012, 01:39 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,879,946 times
Quote:

Very good post.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:47 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,046,112 times
Obama is spending most of his time on the campaign trail, rather than doing his job. He might as well just be in Romney's shoes, because he isnt getting anything done.

Obama gave a weak statement yesterday, then did not take questions, and then jetted off to Vegas as if nothing even happened.

In case you people forget, Obama IS President right now. HIS economy is bad. HIS job situation is bad. Foreign policy on his watch is now going down the drain as well. And all he has time for is campaigning.

Old 09-13-2012, 01:52 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,170,790 times
Oh yeah, Obama cares about American lives:

No live ammo for Marines at embassy in Cairo

What does he think this is? A game? President Crybaby won't ARM OUR MARINES??? Are you freaking kidding me????

Old 09-13-2012, 01:53 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,888,240 times
Quote:

so I am guessing, you are saying: here is my opinion and don't anyone answer me back cause the subject has been beaten to death, right? If so, why did you bother to post, was it to get the last word?//
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections