Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2024, 10:07 AM

6,220 posts, read 3,431,731 times

Advertisements

Has anyone heard of this?

You put a Saltine cracker in your mouth and then time how long it takes to go from a salty to a sweet taste.

Basically, it tests how much amylase you have in your saliva.

If it takes 0 to 14 seconds, you have a high tolerance to carbs and can eat a high amount of carbs if you want to, 250 grams +

If it takes 15 to 30 seconds, you have a medium tolerance to carbs and should be eating anywhere from 100-250 grams of carbs.

If it takes 30 seconds or longer, you have a very low tolerance to carbs, and should be eating less than 100 grams per day of carbs.

I’ve never done this test before, but I’m a firm believer that most of people’s weight problems and diabetes , etc, when it comes to nutrition is that most eat way, way, way too many carbs everyday.

You must get this under control. I was absolutely shocked how many carbs per day I was eating when I finally started tracking it all. I would have 250 g and it would still be middle of the day.

I normally stay at 50-75-100 grams of carbs per day and I feel so much better compared to when I was eating 400+ grams per day. I would like to do keto, but it’s just too restrictive for me. I want to enjoy fruit at least a little bit, so I do “cheat” with a couple servings of fruit per day, which pushes my carb count above the keto range.

But I have completely cut out bread, pasta, rice, noodles, sugar, wheat. I do crave pizza and bread some days, but not enough to fall off the wagon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2024, 05:56 PM

979 posts, read 584,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I’m a firm believer that most of people’s weight problems and diabetes , etc, when it comes to nutrition is that most eat way, way, way too many carbs everyday.
Sorry, but I don't buy it. Our brains literally run on sugar.

Asian countries consume the most rice, yet they are the thinnest people in the world.

The only thing that makes us fat is eating too many calories. If you do, you will gain weight whether carbs were in the mix or not.

As to your test, it sounds similar to the zinc test. People would order a zinc drip and put it on their tongue. If they tasted zinc right away, they would know they were deficient. If they tasted nothing, they had enough Zinc in their bodies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss