Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2023, 02:44 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,393,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I read an article the other day where a guy, 31 years old, started getting adverse reactions whenever he would eat at Pizza Hut. He would get severe stomach pains that would shoot up into his right shoulder.

Anyway, after it happened again the next time he got pizza, he went to his doctor and they did an MRI, which revealed large lesions on his liver, which also led them to discover he had colorectal cancer.

He was dead within 2 years.

So my point is that this type of pizza isn’t good for you, and it could even be fatal if the rest of your diet is poor.

I don’t know about you guys, but back when I used to eat this kind of food, I could eat a whole large pepperoni pizza from Pizza Hut if I was hungry enough. I would need to be really, really hungry, but I could finish it off. I’m not even that big of a guy, either, and I was never overweight, even when I wasn’t eating right.

So I believe most guys in the US could probably finish off a whole large pizza if they were hungry to start.

Anyway, here are the nutrition facts for 8 slices of a large pepperoni pizza at Pizza Hut:

Calories: 2400
Fat: 104 grams
Sat Fat: 43.2 grams
Carbs: 272 carbs
Sodium: 256% of the daily value

This is high calorie, high fat, high carb, high sodium.

This type of food will kill you if you don’t eat it in moderation. Or better yet, don’t eat it at all.
Yes I know people who could easily eat an entire half gallon of ice cream in one sitting. It doesn't mean you shouldn't eat ice cream. It just means that some people are idiots and Darwin will have his day with them sooner rather than later.

A serving size for a large Pizza Hut pizza is two slices. So that's 600 calories, 26 grams fat, 11 grams sat fat, 52 carbs, and 64% of the daily value of sodium. It's not something you'd want to do every day for dinner, but once or twice a month won't kill you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2023, 03:51 PM

61,647 posts, read 87,001,838 times
Yeah, but I have to see a person who goes to Pizza Hut or Dominos and eats just 1-2 slices of pizza. Especially if there is a party of few people or family with kids...even kids eat more than 2 slices. And they won't just eat a plain cheese pizza, but loaded with everything! Tonnes of cheese, pepperoni, more cheese, stuffed crust with cheese, then cinnamon pizza for dessert. Plus stuffed bread sticks AND soft drinks (who drinks water with pizza...lol..

Here some pizza facts:
https://www.eatthis.com/unhealthiest-pizza/

Is Pizza Hut still selling that artery-clogging, weight-loss-foiling frankenfood: 15" Hot Dog Bites pie - a large, one-topping pizza with pigs-in-a-blanket backed into the crust?

https://www.eatthis.com/worst-pizzas-in-america-2015/

Last edited by elnina; 06-03-2023 at 04:02 PM..

Old 06-03-2023, 05:16 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,257,141 times
LOL @ frankenfood!
You forgot the loaded tater-tots...

Old 06-03-2023, 05:47 PM

6,451 posts, read 3,967,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
I read an article the other day where a guy, 31 years old, started getting adverse reactions whenever he would eat at Pizza Hut. He would get severe stomach pains that would shoot up into his right shoulder.

Anyway, after it happened again the next time he got pizza, he went to his doctor and they did an MRI, which revealed large lesions on his liver, which also led them to discover he had colorectal cancer.

He was dead within 2 years.

So my point is that this type of pizza isn’t good for you, and it could even be fatal if the rest of your diet is poor.
Did they say it was the pizza that did it? Or was it just that it happened to be the pizza that caused symptoms and thus was the reason he even found out about the issue to begin with?

Old 06-03-2023, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K12144 View Post
Did they say it was the pizza that did it? Or was it just that it happened to be the pizza that caused symptoms and thus was the reason he even found out about the issue to begin with?
It was probably the pepperoni. Some people really need to just - not eat that stuff.

Old 06-03-2023, 07:20 PM

3,499 posts, read 1,744,714 times
Pizza can be the perfect food, it contains a carb, protein, and veggie (tomato sauce, yes I know tomato is really a fruit) if made healthily with low fat cheese, low salt sauce, etc.

Old 06-03-2023, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
Pizza can be the perfect food, it contains a carb, protein, and veggie (tomato sauce, yes I know tomato is really a fruit) if made healthily with low fat cheese, low salt sauce, etc.
You don't need sauce. Part-skim mozzarella, thinly sliced tomatoes, minced garlic, a drizzle of olive oil. No salt at all, except the pinch you need to make the dough - which you stretch thin. If you want protein, you can add tiny cubes of lean steak, or sliced portabella mushrooms, or even make a nice white clam pizza, which has a LOT of protein and tastes delicious.

Old 06-03-2023, 07:33 PM

2,033 posts, read 1,600,762 times
I like to make Pizza from scratch. Stay away from frozen pizza(processed). Let the dough rise, form a crust, light tomato sauce with herbs. Fresh vegetables such as onions, green peppers, olives, and garlic.

Old 06-03-2023, 09:03 PM

3,499 posts, read 1,744,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaati View Post
You don't need sauce. Part-skim mozzarella, thinly sliced tomatoes, minced garlic, a drizzle of olive oil. No salt at all, except the pinch you need to make the dough - which you stretch thin. If you want protein, you can add tiny cubes of lean steak, or sliced portabella mushrooms, or even make a nice white clam pizza, which has a LOT of protein and tastes delicious.
Sounds yummy, I love mushroom pizza, I must try the clam pizza, I don't eat steak (beef). Trader Joe's used to sell low-salt, organic tomato sauce, I loved it and every time I used it in a recipe when I had company for dinner, they thought the sauce was homemade. Since the pandemic, I haven't seen it on their shelves anymore, I'm very disappointed. My second choice for low-salt tomato sauce is Tutterosso.

Old 06-03-2023, 09:33 PM

37,441 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
Sounds yummy, I love mushroom pizza, I must try the clam pizza, I don't eat steak (beef). Trader Joe's used to sell low-salt, organic tomato sauce, I loved it and every time I used it in a recipe when I had company for dinner, they thought the sauce was homemade. Since the pandemic, I haven't seen it on their shelves anymore, I'm very disappointed. My second choice for low-salt tomato sauce is Tutterosso.
It sounds like you may have all of the resources that you need.

There are many adult classes offered all across our nation. I know as I serve on the board of a University Cooperative Extension Service. They offer a huge variety of classes. Gardening and Master Gardener licensing. Master Canner courses and licenses. The system was all set up during one of our nation's previous disasters, and then re-tweaked after each eventual disasters.

You could possibly be growing all of those ingredients yourself, licensed and all setup to commercially produce some custom recipe.

Do you reside within the U.S.A., and in the continental contiguous United States? You should have these resources available to you for free.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diet and Weight Loss