Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2024, 11:58 AM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernlady5464 View Post
You can always go back to finger sticks.
She has as a backup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2024, 02:37 PM

2,452 posts, read 1,684,790 times
Quote:
You can always go back to finger sticks.
or get Libre 3. I have had mine for around 15 months and every blood test at the doctors it is spot on with my A1c reading.

Old 04-18-2024, 05:01 PM

2,666 posts, read 1,187,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam812 View Post
or get Libre 3. I have had mine for around 15 months and every blood test at the doctors it is spot on with my A1c reading.
So your Libre 3 not only keeps track on your cell phone or glucose meter it also works with your Doctors computer?

Does Medicare keep track too or your Prescription Insurance?

Old 04-21-2024, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
So your Libre 3 not only keeps track on your cell phone or glucose meter it also works with your Doctors computer?

Does Medicare keep track too or your Prescription Insurance?
You can set it up so anybody you want can see it. Mine I keep to myself and nobody has ever asked for the info.

Old 04-22-2024, 02:30 AM

Quote:
You can set it up so anybody you want can see it. Mine I keep to myself and nobody has ever asked for the info.
I was sent a letter in the mail I thought was junk mail then when then when I spoke to customer service about something else they said they sent the letter. I had to be honest with them and tell them I didn't want it because it was to much like tracking a pet dog. I really don't even like my own doctor policing me with every thing I eat that may or may not make my sugar go up. It wouldn't do them any good anyway since they wouldn't know what it was I ate. They would only know when it was recorded and what the reading was that in of itself is enough to get on my case about what am I doing or eating at that time. But in the letter that is what one condition was so I declined getting one.

Old 04-22-2024, 06:17 AM

3,295 posts, read 9,189,032 times
Quote:
I was sent a letter in the mail I thought was junk mail then when then when I spoke to customer service about something else they said they sent the letter. I had to be honest with them and tell them I didn't want it because it was to much like tracking a pet dog. I really don't even like my own doctor policing me with every thing I eat that may or may not make my sugar go up. It wouldn't do them any good anyway since they wouldn't know what it was I ate. They would only know when it was recorded and what the reading was that in of itself is enough to get on my case about what am I doing or eating at that time. But in the letter that is what one condition was so I declined getting one.
They only see what you eat IF you log what you eat. And if you share the information with your doctor. I actually didn’t log much of what I ate unless it was totally out of the ordinary.

Old 04-23-2024, 04:52 PM

Quote:
I have had mine for 17 months now and have never had anyone ask to see anything? On the other hand I am not one that thinks the "man" is watching me. Even if someone is I couldn't care less and can't imagine why anyone would. But hey if feeling safe to you is more important than your health that is your decision.

Old 04-24-2024, 09:04 AM

Quote:
I have had mine for 17 months now and have never had anyone ask to see anything? On the other hand I am not one that thinks the "man" is watching me. Even if someone is I couldn't care less and can't imagine why anyone would. But hey if feeling safe to you is more important than your health that is your decision.
It's not that I feel safe it's that it isn't any of their business what my readings are every single time I check. They flat out made it clear they would see every reading when I use it if I get it. One thing is I forgot to mention was that they offer it free the first kit. That is probably why they want to see and track every reading. It wouldn't surprise me to find in the future people will either lose their Insurance or the premiums will go up even higher if the patients do not have a perfect reading every single time they have to test their sugar level to report to the Insurance Company.

The patient looses freedom and some any semblance of privacy. It is creepy to me having people who are not my Doctor keeping track of everything I eat.

Old 04-24-2024, 09:11 AM

3,295 posts, read 9,189,032 times
Quote:
It's not that I feel safe it's that it isn't any of their business what my readings are every single time I check. They flat out made it clear they would see every reading when I use it if I get it. One thing is I forgot to mention was that they offer it free the first kit. That is probably why they want to see and track every reading. It wouldn't surprise me to find in the future people will either lose their Insurance or the premiums will go up even higher if the patients do not have a perfect reading every single time they have to test their sugar level to report to the Insurance Company.

The patient looses freedom and some any semblance of privacy. It is creepy to me having people who are not my Doctor keeping track of everything I eat.
Then don’t use it. I was able to use it for a year. Had to discontinue since I am no longer on insulin. But in that year, it helped me lower my A1C from 6 to 5.5. And not having to poke my fingers all the time was a blessing.

Old 04-24-2024, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Then don’t use it. I was able to use it for a year. Had to discontinue since I am no longer on insulin. But in that year, it helped me lower my A1C from 6 to 5.5. And not having to poke my fingers all the time was a blessing.
Ok well now I am considering it. My A1c went up to 7.8 I have not been a 5 or even 6 since I was about a size 4.

What did you do in place of constantly craving food?

Last edited by staystill; 04-24-2024 at 10:59 AM.. Reason: Do you still have to go to the Endocrinologist every 3 to 4 months?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Diabetes