Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2024, 01:18 PM

17,396 posts, read 22,144,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by himain View Post
She isn't crying because she got pulled over. She's losing her shyt from constantly being followed and videoed/photographed. Unless you've been in her situation, then none of you can understand. Could you imagine EVERYTIME you left your house you were accosted by paps??? I'm sure you'd be over it as well and at some point, break down over it.
Tom Sizemore and Cole Hauser had a pretty intense movie years ago called Paparazzi. 20 years ago they were trespassing to snap pics, planting cameras to catch celebrities on their own property and forcing confrontations to get more pics/video. Its definitely a sleazy business:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb7yyUnZnbU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2024, 01:48 PM

36,623 posts, read 30,945,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal813 View Post
I mean, he'd get kicked out eventually, sure, but not before getting inside and snapping some awesome tabloid-worthy shots.
And he wouldn't get arrested, unless he remained inside after being told to leave.

Look no further than all of those stupid "police auditors" on Youtube, who make a living off of antagonizing random people, including the police, in public places.
If he is smart he wont go in at all and save himself a lot of trouble. You dont know what would happen. Cops smash his camera, oops, arrested for harassment, stalking, 24 hour hold for suspicion, restraining order. She would still be safe there.
At least back in the day the authorities would advise women who thought they were being followed to drive to a police station. Even those who were being asked to pull over by police or who questioned the cop's motives as there was a rash of police impersonators pulling women over and sexually assaulting them.

Old 04-29-2024, 03:35 PM

16,581 posts, read 8,327,109 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Cop gave a warning, he was stopping her for speeding 20 MPH over. She was upset about the paparazzi not the cop stop.
she must have been having a bad day. This isn't her first rodeo with the paparazzi. Perhaps she should have stayed in the Boston area. Not as much of that nonsense up here.

Old 04-29-2024, 03:35 PM

3,157 posts, read 2,270,606 times
That’s right, let’s validate the poor thing’s feelings. Let’s coddle her but throw the book at the average Joe caught speeding. Entitled much?

Old 04-29-2024, 03:48 PM

17,312 posts, read 15,498,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
That’s right, let’s validate the poor thing’s feelings. Let’s coddle her but throw the book at the average Joe caught speeding. Entitled much?
The average Joe isn't getting harassed every second every time they step out of their house.

Something needs to be done about paparazzi.

Old 04-29-2024, 05:17 PM

16,572 posts, read 10,679,739 times
The only reason that paparazzi even exist is because the public has an insatiable desire to see pictures of celebrities. It's because of our collective shallowness that celebrities have to endure this constant invasion of their privacy. And yes, I know it's legal, because they're in public places and thus don't have a legal expectation of privacy. But it's still highly invasive.

Old 04-29-2024, 07:19 PM

16,581 posts, read 8,327,109 times
Default e

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
The only reason that paparazzi even exist is because the public has an insatiable desire to see pictures of celebrities. It's because of our collective shallowness that celebrities have to endure this constant invasion of their privacy. And yes, I know it's legal, because they're in public places and thus don't have a legal expectation of privacy. But it's still highly invasive.
It's surprising to me that people care so much about celebrities STILL these days. Like will they ever go away or will humans every lose interest? It seems like there are SO MANY celebrities now thanks to instagram, youtube, tik tok...i realize giselle was once a VS supermodel, married to tom brady so she is/was big...but anyone with an internet connection can google any celebrity at any time. What exactly were the papparazzi trying to capture of Giselle on that day? her driving an SUV wearing a baseball cap? who cares ?

Old 04-29-2024, 08:16 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,764 posts, read 58,190,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron61 View Post
she's a very capable woman
She's quite capable of holding her own (especially with cops)

Caught in a weaker moment (new to area).

She'll respond very differently next time meeting up with that cop.

Old 04-29-2024, 08:47 PM

17,312 posts, read 15,498,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
It's surprising to me that people care so much about celebrities STILL these days. Like will they ever go away or will humans every lose interest? It seems like there are SO MANY celebrities now thanks to instagram, youtube, tik tok...i realize giselle was once a VS supermodel, married to tom brady so she is/was big...but anyone with an internet connection can google any celebrity at any time. What exactly were the papparazzi trying to capture of Giselle on that day? her driving an SUV wearing a baseball cap? who cares ?
Yeah I don’t get it either.
I saw Post Malone a while back at a local burger bar downtown Orlando. He was seated with friends, eating. For whatever reason, a crowd of people assembled around, just standing around doing nothing, watching the man eat. Why was this so interesting? I don’t know. I grabbed my to-go order and left.

Old 04-30-2024, 05:28 AM

17,428 posts, read 16,602,825 times
The solution to her paparazzi troubles should not involve her being able to speed down a road endangering other motorists with impunity.

The cop was right to enforce the law and he was not overly harsh with her at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events