Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 08:01 AM

209 posts, read 654,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLCOL1 View Post
You people amaze me. I have been downtown more than any of you, and I have never felt uneasy at all. Columbus is a city, and in a city there is crime. People who are out at 3AM are only looking for trouble. Columbus is safe, but just like any good sized city, it can become dangerous at night. Powerplay, give it up man, you are ridiculous.
He has done more/been more/knows more....uh ok whatever you say
A legend in his own mind.

Crime has escalated to record levels in town according to local police and sheriffs depts and downtown area is the worse as out of town thugs know that is where the action is(selling drugs,attacks on families,car theft and breakins etc)and they can quickly retreat across the bridge or to their little outlying areas(geneva,box springs,talbotten,buena vista,cusseta,fort michell)after making their hauls.

Sorry ATLCOL....a ymca and some lofts are going to make up the difference
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 08:08 AM

Quote:
You people amaze me. I have been downtown more than any of you, and I have never felt uneasy at all. Columbus is a city, and in a city there is crime. People who are out at 3AM are only looking for trouble. Columbus is safe, but just like any good sized city, it can become dangerous at night. Powerplay, give it up man, you are ridiculous.

Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed, link removed

Take a good close look at property crimes in particular........all down? I don't think so.

The facts just do not lie.......
Please give the facts rather than your opinion.
Thanks.

Last edited by Yac; 11-14-2008 at 05:36 AM..

Old 10-21-2008, 08:09 AM

913 posts, read 2,984,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerplay View Post
He has done more/been more/knows more....uh ok whatever you say
A legend in his own mind.

Crime has escalated to record levels in town according to local police and sheriffs depts and downtown area is the worse as out of town thugs know that is where the action is(selling drugs,attacks on families,car theft and breakins etc)and they can quickly retreat across the bridge or to their little outlying areas(geneva,box springs,talbotten,buena vista,cusseta,fort michell)after making their hauls.

Sorry ATLCOL....a ymca and some lofts are going to make up the difference
Crime is down compared to this time last year, read WTVM.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:11 AM

Quote:
The facts just do not lie.......
Please give the facts rather than your opinion.
Thanks.
You have never given any facts...EVER...that's why nobody can believe you. All you do is complain!!!!

Stats from 5-6 years ago, wow, that's credible considering it's almost 2009!

Old 10-21-2008, 08:14 AM

Quote:
You have never given any facts...EVER...that's why nobody can believe you. All you do is complain!!!!

Stats from 5-6 years ago, wow, that's credible considering it's almost 2009!

Here are the facts....murder and property crimes higher than national average!!

I rest my case........Have a great day.

Last edited by Yac; 11-14-2008 at 05:35 AM..

Old 10-21-2008, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Here are the facts....murder and property crimes higher than national average!!

I rest my case........Have a great day.
Hmmm, based on 6 year old stats, looks like Columbus evens out. Out of the 8 types of crime, Columbus is below the national average on 4 and above (just slightly) on the other 4.

Last edited by Yac; 11-14-2008 at 05:35 AM..

Old 10-21-2008, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Hmmm, based on 6 year old stats, looks like Columbus evens out. Out of the 8 types of crime, Columbus is below the national average on 4 and above (just slightly) on the other 4.
Actually they are much higher now according to local law enforcement.
The new report will be out in January....stay posted.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Actually they are much higher now according to local law enforcement.
The new report will be out in January....stay posted.
Can't wait.

Oh did you not here that burgalaries are down from this time last year. Hmmm, seems interesting you don't know these things.

BTW, you forgot to tell everyone on here why you don't leave Columbus when you hate the place soooo much. Something must be keeping you there?????

Old 10-21-2008, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Can't wait.

Oh did you not here that burgalaries are down from this time last year. Hmmm, seems interesting you don't know these things.

BTW, you forgot to tell everyone on here why you don't leave Columbus when you hate the place soooo much. Something must be keeping you there?????
Actually we live in harris county in a very nice home and area and have for a long time as well as having owned a business for over 30 years.
Columbus sadly has declined in more ways than one and no amount of development etc can help a city with substandard wages.
It just will never happen.

Also we are speaking of property crimes overall and not picking and choosing crimes one by one.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Actually we live in harris county in a very nice home and area and have for a long time as well as having owned a business for over 30 years.
Columbus sadly has declined in more ways than one and no amount of development etc can help a city with substandard wages.
It just will never happen.

Also we are speaking of property crimes overall and not picking and choosing crimes one by one.
You still haven't answered the question. Come on man, you basically live in Columbus. I lived in Harris County for 14 years.

You make Columbus out to be something it isn't and you know it.

So, back to the question, why don't you move from the area?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Columbus, GA