Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2018, 12:33 PM

1,972 posts, read 1,936,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Where do they contradict the Torah?...

one example is the orthodox Jewish prohibition on men listening to women singing. in the Jewish bible women sing include a scene in 1 Samuel 18 where David returned from Battle women celebrated by singing.

I can list more examples where so-called orthodox jews add to the Torah calling them "halacha"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2018, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Meester Chung, can you give a short conscise scriptural description on why you are saved and what you are saved from?. If you can't it is not a problem, but you really should not be trying to prove gnosticm is what you say it is if you cannnot simply without going into great detail, explain the hope you have.
Romans 3

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Ephesians 2

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Old 12-23-2018, 12:41 PM

EASTERN LIGHTNING: FEMALE LEADER YANG XIANGBIN OF THE CHURCH OF ALMIGHTY GOD CULT IN CHINA CLAIMS TO BE THE ‘SECOND COMING OF CHRIST’

https://www.nowtheendbegins.com/east...ing-of-christ/

The group especially targets housewives, the poor, and house churches in China, first befriending believers and then slowly trying to convince them that Yang Xiangbin is God incarnate.
If you ever wondered what a Chinese version of Mormonism would look like, wonder no more. Calling themselves the Church of Almighty God, also known as Eastern Lightning, this <<church>> started in China back in 1991 has taken on new life in the social media age. Its founder is a woman named Yang Xiangbin, and along with her partner in crime Zhao Weishan, they oversee <<church>> operations here in the United States since 2000. Xiangbin bills herself as the ‘christ’ for the Kingdom Age, which she says has already replaced the Church Age.

“And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.” Matthew 24:4,5 (KJV)

The website for the Church of Almighty God contains dozens of videos and books for sale that serve to ‘update’ the useless old book known as the Bible that to them has become nothing more than an ‘obsolete historical record’. Again, very similar to Mormonism with their “other testament” of Jesus Christ. Like Mormonism, the Church of Almighty God was started by <<cut>>. Their leaders are in the US because they were driven out of China just like Joseph Smith was driven out of Ohio and Missouri.

So the next time some deluded <<church>> follower of the Church of Almighty God posts their nonsense to one of your social media groups, grab the link to this article and answer them with the truth. Tell them that Jesus Christ is the only Saviour, and that His shed blood on the cross still saves. Tell them that Yang Xiangbin is not an ‘incarnation of God’ but is in fact a lost, Hell-bound sinner headed for the Lake of Fire.

Last edited by mensaguy; 12-23-2018 at 05:54 PM.. Reason: We don't call churches "cults."

Old 12-23-2018, 12:48 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
Romans 3

23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Ephesians 2

5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved

6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
I asked you not the bible.

Old 12-23-2018, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I asked you not the bible.
Jesus' crucifixion saved me from my sins

Old 12-23-2018, 02:23 PM

63,786 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Jesus' crucifixion saved me from my sins
Actually, it is Christ's PERFECT AGAPE LOVE during His Crucifixion that saved us ALL from the need to be perfect. That is why God is not counting OUR sins (imperfections) against us. As long as we love God and each other and repent when we don't we are reconciled to God. We will reap whatever we sow in unlove that we do not repent of, but nothing more or less. Act out of agape love and you cannot sin.

Old 12-23-2018, 03:08 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Actually, it is Christ's PERFECT AGAPE LOVE during His Crucifixion that saved us ALL from the need to be perfect. That is why God is not counting OUR sins (imperfections) against us. As long as we love God and each other and repent when we don't we are reconciled to God. We will reap whatever we sow in unlove that we do not repent of, but nothing more or less. Act out of agape love and you cannot sin.
Unfortunately, many despise walking in love, as they hate and condemn their neighbors.

Old 12-23-2018, 03:28 PM

421 posts, read 153,337 times
Quote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZlFrnMrqpI

Pastor David Asscherick explains the differences of futurism, preterism, and historicism.

Jesuits created futurism to hide the identity of the true antichrist. Which is the pope of rome.

Jesuits created the secret rapture doctrine, the 7 year tribulation doctrine, futurism, and preterism.
These jesuits doctrines are all unbiblical.

here is the link to Francisco Ribera, the Jesuit who created futurism

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francisco_Ribera
They didn't actually create preterism and futurism, they just revived these ideas to counter Luther's historicism. Preterism and futurism have been around since the early church. I'm going by memory, so don't hold me to this, but the earliest surviving commentary on Revelation (I think around 100 AD) was from a futurist perspective, but it acknowledged that other opinions existed at the time. I think the earliest documented Preterist writings were around 600 AD. (?) The Protestant Reformation was somewhere around 1500-1600 AD, and that's when the Historicist perspective grew in popularity.

The prevalent teaching of the Catholic church has always been Augustine's amillennialism, but the Pope was being called the Antichrist on a regular basis, so, you know, desperate times call for desperate measures.

Old 12-23-2018, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hball72 View Post
They didn't actually create preterism and futurism, they just revived these ideas to counter Luther's historicism. Preterism and futurism have been around since the early church. I'm going by memory, so don't hold me to this, but the earliest surviving commentary on Revelation (I think around 100 AD) was from a futurist perspective, but it acknowledged that other opinions existed at the time. I think the earliest documented Preterist writings were around 600 AD. (?) The Protestant Reformation was somewhere around 1500-1600 AD, and that's when the Historicist perspective grew in popularity.

The prevalent teaching of the Catholic church has always been Augustine's amillennialism, but the Pope was being called the Antichrist on a regular basis, so, you know, desperate times call for desperate measures.
during the time of the early church, the rise of the papacy was seen in the future and many early christians will say that the Roman empire is the beast of revelations 13 because they believed that the beast of revelation 13 was the Roman empire. papal Rome has killed over 50 million peo9ple for not submitting to papal authority

Old 12-23-2018, 03:51 PM

3,798 posts, read 2,994,404 times
Quote:
during the time of the early church, the rise of the papacy was seen in the future and many early christians will say that the Roman empire is the beast of revelations 13 because they believed that the beast of revelation 13 was the Roman empire. papal Rome has killed over 50 million peo9ple for not submitting to papal authority
Really, I have seen 100 million quoted by some Evangelicals.
And who were these early Christians? Many were also Catholics I believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity