Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2016, 12:01 AM

4 posts, read 6,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonm75 View Post
Was you dog sick at all when you brought her in? What was the reason for your visit? If they put her to sleep without your authorization you might want to take some legal action.Please clue me in on this situation. Be as discreet as you like. I don't want any unnecessary information that is private to you and I am sorry for your loss.

She had some fluid in her stomach that they didn't know what the cause was. That was the reason I took her to the vet.
I have asked for a full investigation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2016, 12:12 AM

4 posts, read 6,049 times
I had my dog cremated the day after as I didn't want to leave her in the vets and we have her bk home now with us. I was told if I did a autopsy I wouldn't have been able to get my dog bk?
There was at least 1 mistake that was early made as I wrote before so my question is how many more mistakes were made that day? And how many other ppl may have gone though the same situation as me but never had the chance to question the actions of a professional person? We all like to think we can trust a professional person but now I myself question everything because I don't trust them anymore

Old 02-02-2016, 02:53 AM

83 posts, read 68,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post
First off, I'm sorry to ask such a morbid question but this is killing me and my husband. Yesterday we got Titi's ashes back and they look like a bag of sand. I have 4 other cats ashes and they are all grayish/whitish with bone chips. They all look nearly identical. Titi's ashes are beige with colored flecks and no bone chips. They look like sand with some cat litter thrown in. We spoke with our vet who can't explain why they look this way. We spoke with the crematorium which we found out does not specialize in cremations. They mainly dispose of medical waste. They assured us the ashes were Titi but we were given no certificate. They said maybe it had something to do with the grinder! Now I can't get that image out of my mind and I don't understand why he would need to go through a grinder. I am sick to my stomach over this. The arrangements were made through our vet. He said he has used this place for over 30 years.

Has any one ever looked at their pet's ashes? Does any one have ashes that look like Titi's? And does any one know how we can have this checked out? I thought getting his ashes back would bring some comfort, having him home again. I need to know because this is tearing us apart. The grief will never go away if I don't get some answers. I apologize for such a morbid question. Can any one help?
The person who cremated the cat may have put some special herbs and things with it.

Last edited by lilydopip; 02-02-2016 at 03:14 AM..

Old 06-17-2016, 10:33 AM

1 posts, read 1,737 times
Hi oujeewomen my name is Scott and I recently had to put my 18 year old mini pin down and When I got his ashes back they looked like what you describe yours looked like. So I went to the place I had him cremated and asked the guy who actually does the cremation and he told me that the colored flecks are actually calsifide peaces of bone. He said that it happens from the type of gases they use in the cremation oven. He told me that not all places use the same gases to cremate your animal. So some time they can look different then other animals you have had cremated before. I hope this helps.

Old 01-08-2017, 02:23 AM

1 posts, read 1,535 times
Question Kelly's questions and thoughts

I 1st have to explain that this is my 1st time on here and have never done this before...so Hello all!
My question is, do human ashes and pet ashes look simular in general appearance? This may seem bad, but I want to get a ring made with ashes, and this place used to do them for both...but due to the core where they advertise on, they can no longer use human ashes.
I hope that does not make me sound like a horrible person, but I just procrastinated too long to do it.

My thoughts on the person who started this thread, with the kitty that you are not sure is your kitty's ashes...for some kind of closure, you have to find out...even if it's not the news you want to hear! You could have a lawsuit against them and shut that place down! Making sure that it does not happen to other's too! Plus, there might be other's out there who went there in the same position as you and all you would need is a little TV and media exposure for it to start blowing the lid off it. That's my $0.50 ( My son says that instead of $0.02 due to inflation! Lol)
And if you get the good news...than you have complete closure! But, like I said, if not...you can draw on the positive positives from helping out other's! You would be surprised at how much that helps. And I happen to think that our pet's our not in those urns or whatever...but they are in heaven, enjoying the best life ever!! In a place where there is no pain, saddeness, no sickness...just happiness, fun, joy, love, peace and are with other loved pet's playing around...telling each other of stories about their time here and how lucky they were. And that they wish that their mommy and daddy would not be so sad for them anymore.
I have seen so many euthanasias in my day ( used to work at the Michigan Humane society yrs ago, and the peace that would come over these pet's was undeniable. And I even had to see it in my beloved Moose just a couple month's ago...after spending $3000 on her😰
So, again...my $0.50!
Have a good day!
TTFN

Old 03-20-2017, 12:07 AM

2 posts, read 2,691 times
I'm in UK.my cat's ashes are very pale grey.very fine, and feel gritty. Taste not very good. I got a certificate, but my first cremation. Specialized pet crematorium

Old 03-20-2017, 12:17 AM

2 posts, read 2,691 times
Default pet cremation

Sorry if that sounded weird. But like you, wondered about the ashes. Asked lots of questions about the process. Only do pets.good reputation. But nothing to compare ashes with. I have to believe it's my macca that's in the bag. And on my pillow. Got an ash keepsake pendant. Keep her close to me.it most likely is your cats ashes. Different cats, maybe different diet, age ,any illnesses. Meds change your body.

Old 09-12-2017, 10:08 AM

1 posts, read 1,158 times
I'm so sorry for y'alls loss.
I've had 7 kitties cremated, 2 of them being in just the past month.
I always have the private /witnessed cremation service due to the peace of mind of getting my pet back. It's tough watching them place our sweet babies into the incinerator but as I said, the peace of mind is important for a healing heart. When they remove the remains, yes the next step is a grinder (like a commercial kitchen blender)
This is to break down the larger bone pieces. Some places may not grind as much as others do which cause either all fine sand like particles or a few larger pieces mixed in. The remains that are returned to you should be a light gray to white in color, unless you have another item cremated with your pet. Please don't be taken back by me when I say to smell the remains. You will get a hint of a burn smell, which sand doesn't have.
Hope this helps in some way...God bless

Old 02-16-2019, 12:12 PM

1 posts, read 902 times
Default People ask what to do with pets ashes

When People ask "what do I do with my pets ashes" or "what will happen to them when I am gone." The answer is very simple. You Have your pets ashes buried with you. I just now picked up my 3rd fur babies ashes.. My heart is broken.. Yet again. I have been blessed with very loving pets. But even though I am hurting a great deal, there is a bit of peace knowing we will forever be together.

Old 02-16-2019, 12:43 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,842,707 times
I never leave my pets with the vet or anyone when having them enhunized. I want to see it completely dead and bury it myself to know it was all done humanely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats