Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Car Insurance
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2024, 05:50 PM

465 posts, read 303,574 times

Advertisements

Please move if this isn't the appropriate thread. I'm new to the process and have a few questions. My driver's side door was hit by another vehicle last fall. It was the other person's fault and I finally got their insurance to cover it weeks back. I've been spending time working with them to find an autobody shop to get replacement doors. I've been inquiring with the autobody shop I got an estimate from the day after the accident. They told me to bring the car in so they can get a deeper look at it and will likely schedule a second inspection with their insurance's appraiser and they won't order the parts until they have the car which makes sense. My car has also been functioning well since getting hit.

Is there a possibility I can have my car until they get the parts in? (Bring it over and get any needed inspections) Understandable if there's an issue is them ordering the parts and people backing out.

The autobody's original estimate was about $1500 more than the insurance appraisal's estimate. Even though their insurance is covering all the work, is there any possibility where I'm paying additional out of pocket? I know they want to inspect it with the appraisal so someone's estimate may change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2024, 09:06 PM

6,340 posts, read 4,892,353 times
Quote:
Is there a possibility I can have my car until they get the parts in? (Bring it over and get any needed inspections) Understandable if there's an issue is them ordering the parts and people backing out.
That's a question for the repair shop and/or the claims adjuster.

Quote:
The autobody's original estimate was about $1500 more than the insurance appraisal's estimate. Even though their insurance is covering all the work, is there any possibility where I'm paying additional out of pocket? I know they want to inspect it with the appraisal so someone's estimate may change.
Another question for the repair shop.

The question you ask is "How are supplements handled with XYZ Insurance Company."

The shop owner should be able to tell you what their experience has been.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Car Insurance