Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2021, 10:02 PM

12 posts, read 8,316 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

So I've been in Boise for about six months, love it here by the way! When I initially moved I signed up for sparklight internet and cable. Now after my initial special my internet and cable, after negotiating a bit, is going to be $175 a month for two tvs, this for essentially basic cable, no movie channels, and internet, which I have set at 100 mpps (or whatever that is). The cable seems to be that you can see just an hour at a time on their guide, and no on demand, which I at least had with comcast before. This seems extremely expensive for something basic. Does anyone have experience with Dish, or something else that is not such a complete ripoff for what you get?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2021, 09:56 AM

5,324 posts, read 18,268,094 times
I'm on the other side of the state, but I do internet through Century link and just stream on my Roku. Plenty to select from as you can download Hulu, Prime, Netflix etc. Saves me a ton of money!!

Old 01-12-2021, 11:17 AM

6,356 posts, read 7,766,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
...just stream on my Roku. Plenty to select from as you can download Hulu, Prime, Netflix etc. Saves me a ton of money!!
Yes to that! I don't have Hulu or Prime, but did pay for a yearly subscription to PureFlix, Hallmark, and ESPN+. On a yearly basis, it's pretty inexpensive, (Netflix is monthly). However, I find myself watching most of my videos on YouTube, (through the Roku box). You wouldn't believe what you can find on YouTube. Every subject under the sun. My WiFi is supplied by my 55+ community. Only WiFi, but fast enough to stream video.

Moderator posts will always be Red and can only be discussed via Direct Message.
C-D Home page, TOS (Terms of Service), How to Search, FAQ's, Posting Guide
Moderator of Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Guns and Hunting, and Weather

Old 01-12-2021, 05:48 PM

12 posts, read 8,316 times
Thank you both for your input! I definitely need to do something, not worth the cost with what I have now!

Rachelle

Old 01-13-2021, 05:31 AM

3,782 posts, read 4,248,699 times
Also from the other side of the state.

I have the basic plan from Dish for news, local stations, and some other stations such as AMC, FX, TNT, etc. Cost is $78.90 a month and that includes a Hopper 3 and a Joey for a second TV.

I also have Sparklight's 700 GB monthly plan that has an speed of 200 mbps (megabit per second) and watch Netflix and prime via either two Sony Bravia Android 4K TVs or a 1080 TV with a Roku attached (my exercise room). Sparklight runs $65.00 per month.

I have NO problems with either service; Dish or Sparklight. In fact, I would say Sparklight might be the best internet company I have ever dealt with.

$78.90 Dish
$65.00 Sparklight Internet
$28.88 Netflix
$13.77 Amazon (I do shut down Amazon about six months out of the year so I pay monthly)
$186.55 a month for all...

Only $10 more than you currently pay. And with Android TVs and Roku you can also watch Hulu or any other internet based provider.

Old 01-13-2021, 08:50 AM

726 posts, read 328,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleosmom View Post
...I do internet through Century link and just stream on my Roku. Plenty to select from as you can download Hulu, Prime, Netflix etc. Saves me a ton of money!!
Well, Hulu is fairly expensive, isn't it?

Old 01-13-2021, 08:53 AM

726 posts, read 328,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boone1791 View Post
Well, Hulu is fairly expensive, isn't it?
Oh, OK, it's Hulu LIVE that is $65/mo.

Old 01-14-2021, 08:56 PM

53 posts, read 49,207 times
Boise, Idaho! I considered that place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area