Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2024, 05:45 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,338,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
Well Iowa took care of Colorado pretty easily. Next up: LSU.
The spotlight will predictably be on Reese vs Clark after all the antics in last years game. And it’s about time for Reese to step up with a monster game that she really hasn’t had so far. I think it’s safe to say she took a step back this season, with missing games early. LSU hasn’t been impacted much thanks to the growth of Flaujae. But Reese needs to do less TikToks and deliver on the court because you know Clark and Iowa will be ready and hungry after losing last year.

Van Lith better hope LSU wins the chip because otherwise this might be the most disastrous gamble I’ve seen in a while. She looked terrible in the Colorado game and honestly should be a bench player at this point. She just looks slow and small plus if her jumper isn’t falling then she really brings nothing else to the game. Louisville covered up her flaws and made her look better than she is. Or maybe the SEC competition will is tougher. I honestly don’t see her making it to the WNBA.

What do y’all think about the Big 3 offer to Clark?
I don’t think she takes it. She will get destroyed going against even retired NBA guys. What I don’t understand is why she doesn’t take her 5th year of college eligibility and make another 2-3 million dollars. Beats the $75K rookie contract she can look forward to in the WNBA. I know the league isn’t profitable so the contracts will suck. I just feel bad for her. I hope the next tv deal which is coming up next year is better, but I’m not holding my breath.
I was going to comment on this posting Saturday night but got side tracked. I watched both of the women's games on Saturday. First LSU. I thought they were going to take an "L". That player, Lauren Betts, was a load. It took a lot of energy for Reese to cover her. Reese is a big girl but Betts is about 6'7". Gave Reese an inadvertent nose bleed during that game. Reese was solid but FJ Johnson is killing it. She's the star of that team right now although Reese, Morrow, etc. are solid supporting cast. Van Lith and Poa didn't play their best. Too many turnovers for them. Now Iowa. Caitlyn is a maestro with the ball in her hands. She pretty much won the game for Iowa. Her teammates are good as well. It's going to be a good game but the physicality part goes to LSU. The finesse game goes to Iowa. It should be a good one and great promotion for womens bball. On social media, they are calling it Bird vs. Magic. Wouldn't go that far but I understand the similarities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2024, 09:00 PM

1,212 posts, read 501,942 times
Clark and Iowa get revenge and win. LSU had a serious size advantage and owned the rebouding 54-36.

Old 04-01-2024, 09:03 PM

3,834 posts, read 4,437,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
Well Iowa took care of Colorado pretty easily. Next up: LSU.
The spotlight will predictably be on Reese vs Clark after all the antics in last years game. And it’s about time for Reese to step up with a monster game that she really hasn’t had so far. I think it’s safe to say she took a step back this season, with missing games early. LSU hasn’t been impacted much thanks to the growth of Flaujae. But Reese needs to do less TikToks and deliver on the court because you know Clark and Iowa will be ready and hungry after losing last year.

Van Lith better hope LSU wins the chip because otherwise this might be the most disastrous gamble I’ve seen in a while. She looked terrible in the Colorado game and honestly should be a bench player at this point. She just looks slow and small plus if her jumper isn’t falling then she really brings nothing else to the game. Louisville covered up her flaws and made her look better than she is. Or maybe the SEC competition will is tougher. I honestly don’t see her making it to the WNBA.

What do y’all think about the Big 3 offer to Clark?
I don’t think she takes it. She will get destroyed going against even retired NBA guys. What I don’t understand is why she doesn’t take her 5th year of college eligibility and make another 2-3 million dollars. Beats the $75K rookie contract she can look forward to in the WNBA. I know the league isn’t profitable so the contracts will suck. I just feel bad for her. I hope the next tv deal which is coming up next year is better, but I’m not holding my breath.
Well I called it on Van Lith being absolute trash and it cost LSU the game. Mulkey seriously thought she could be the primary defender on Clark??? I’m struggling to understand what the logic was here. Flaujae had been guarding the other teams best guard and doing it well I might add. I guess when the molly that Mulkey took before the game finally wore off and she put Flaujae on Clark in the 4th quarter, but it was too little too late.

That being said, Clark was magnificent. Big time players step up when it counts the most and she did just that. Made Van Lith her ****** all game long. Honestly I think Iowa has to be the favorite to win it all now. They’ve already beaten South Carolina before. I don’t see the other squads being any more of a threat than LSU.

Old 04-01-2024, 09:46 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,573,123 times
Am I the only one on here that is so old that I remember when "girls" played by their own set of rules? 6 vs 5 players, 3 on each time played only defense and 3 played only offense, and they were not allowed to cross center court. Cause everybody knew the "girls" were too delicate to run up and down the court. This was high school in the early 60s.

My oh my, how the world has changed. Caitlin scored 41 vs LSU, and had no problem running up and down the court.

Old 04-01-2024, 09:50 PM

9,838 posts, read 4,623,002 times
Iowa wins beating LSU 94-87. Clark scores 41. Reese fouls out

https://nypost.com/2024/04/01/sports...-win-over-lsu/

Old 04-02-2024, 05:55 AM

3,942 posts, read 2,338,527 times
Iowa was just too much for LSU last night. Caitlyn willed Iowa to victory. Going to be tough if they meet South Carolina but I don't doubt Caitlyn and Iowa.

Old 04-02-2024, 07:27 AM

4,860 posts, read 6,918,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet life View Post
Iowa was just too much for LSU last night. Caitlyn willed Iowa to victory. Going to be tough if they meet South Carolina but I don't doubt Caitlyn and Iowa.
UConn plays a game similar to Iowa. The winner is whoever plays it better. Whether UConn or Iowa win, if they play S. Carolina it will be a battle of conflicting styles.

Should Iowa win the next game they've got a real shot at beating S. Carolina. How they can do it is exactly how they handled LSU who plays like S. Carolina. Iowa will push the ball up and down the court until the bigs of S. Carolina run out of gas and distribute the ball for open 3's.

Obviously, a slowed down half court game strongly favors South Carolina against either UConn or Iowa.

GO HAWKS!!!

Old 04-02-2024, 12:06 PM

77 posts, read 24,146 times
Prediction- Iowa vs UCOnn Friday night will be the highest televised rated telecast in women’s basketball history. Interesting that ESPN’s BPI calculator gives UCOnn a 61 percent chance of winning, despite Iowa being a 2-1/2 point favorite.

Old 04-02-2024, 01:40 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,277,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
All of this really turns me off to being a WNBA fan. Finally there is a player that might make it interesting but with a league and players that seem fine with her never being a big star and probably fine with me not being fan because I am a man and white. They talk diversity but are fine if the league was made up 100% of black lesbians.
You don't watch WNBA games because most of the players are black? WOW!

Old 04-02-2024, 02:44 PM

5,456 posts, read 8,169,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Am I the only one on here that is so old that I remember when "girls" played by their own set of rules? 6 vs 5 players, 3 on each time played only defense and 3 played only offense, and they were not allowed to cross center court. Cause everybody knew the "girls" were too delicate to run up and down the court. This was high school in the early 60s.

My oh my, how the world has changed. Caitlin scored 41 vs LSU, and had no problem running up and down the court.
I remember that also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball