Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2024, 05:56 PM

141 posts, read 436,165 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I live and work in Columbia, SC, but this summer, I will be moving either to Rock Hill or Fort Mill to help family due to medical reasons. The family member is in Charlotte, but I dont want to deal with that traffic, so RH or FM are compromises. I will continue to work in Columbia because I am not changing jobs at this point. So, I want to also not go more north than needed due to commute time back to Columbia.

I dont know much about RH or FM. I am posting here to get some input from folks in those areas. I want a safe, clean community with easy access to stores for basic shopping and some amenities. I wont be there longterm. I do not have children. I will rent an apartment. Looking for clean, newer apartment communities since I wont be staying long. But, I also dont want to be paying crazy high rental prices either as a punishment for helping someone.

I should note that I am not originally from Columbia either. I moved here for famiky reasons also. As I type this I am saying to myself, "hmm, I have a pattern". LoL

Please share yiur thoughts on RH versus FM. Also, can anyone recommend a good community or apartment?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2024, 10:03 AM

4,272 posts, read 6,300,581 times
Living in Rock Hill lessens your driving time considerably, and is still close enough to Charlotte. There are plenty of good communities in RH although since I don't live there I can't name them specifically. And rents may be a small bit cheaper in RH versus Fort Mill, which is expensive.

Old Today, 01:02 PM

8,248 posts, read 13,368,401 times
Just curious ...are you going into work in Columbia daily? What area do you work in Columbia? If in the NE or Ft Jackson and not every day then Rock Hill would seem doable. Rock Hill is actually a "city" by SC standards so you have everything you need there. You didnt mention how often you need to go to Charlotte for your family. Is it daily, couple days a week or on weekends? If just on weekends.. then you could consider living in Blythewood suburb of Columbia and operating there. Other options could be Lancaster, SC though that may be comparable to living in Rock Hill from a travel perspective without the RH amenities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties