Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties
 [Register]
York and Lancaster Counties Rock Hill - Fort Mill - York - Tega Cay - Lancaster
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 07:27 AM

5 posts, read 10,257 times

Advertisements

Here are some marketing docs with the neighborhoods mapped out that might help

IL. http://www.providencegroup.com/prope...ng_Package.pdf

FM

http://www.mpvre.com/wp-content/uplo...yer-3750-1.pdf
This one does not have all neighborhoods, it's just 3 miles from this new shopping ctr so it's not perfect but it's a start.

each neighborhood most likely has a private Facebook page for their activities like mine does, but it will be the same types of things and you can make any neighborhood work for you - people here are super friendly. And of course the rest is local and Charlotte area activities that anyone can participate in.

As for the IL school redistricting you'll be fine with any of the neighborhoods - read on the Lancaster school district's website for the news but they just built a new high school and all the IL schools are going to these schools. I love the plan because they are splitting all the kids over 4 schools which keeps them split by age better than three age breaks. Middle school will be two years instead of three like when I was a kid. You can review the district and their plans and evaluate for yourself. And IL schools are terrific, there are other threads that discuss the differences between them. I just see them getting better.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2017, 09:32 AM

43 posts, read 76,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SML299 View Post
Here are some marketing docs with the neighborhoods mapped out that might help

IL. http://www.providencegroup.com/prope...ng_Package.pdf

FM

http://www.mpvre.com/wp-content/uplo...yer-3750-1.pdf
This one does not have all neighborhoods, it's just 3 miles from this new shopping ctr so it's not perfect but it's a start.

each neighborhood most likely has a private Facebook page for their activities like mine does, but it will be the same types of things and you can make any neighborhood work for you - people here are super friendly. And of course the rest is local and Charlotte area activities that anyone can participate in.

As for the IL school redistricting you'll be fine with any of the neighborhoods - read on the Lancaster school district's website for the news but they just built a new high school and all the IL schools are going to these schools. I love the plan because they are splitting all the kids over 4 schools which keeps them split by age better than three age breaks. Middle school will be two years instead of three like when I was a kid. You can review the district and their plans and evaluate for yourself. And IL schools are terrific, there are other threads that discuss the differences between them. I just see them getting better.

Good luck!

THIS IS GREAT!! Very helpful, at least it goes me an idea of where the subdivisions are located in regards to each other. Thank you!!!

Thanks for taking the time to post the links and your thoughts.

Kind Regards,
Jay

Old 08-10-2017, 07:52 AM

5 posts, read 10,257 times
Jay,

You are so welcome!
And I just reread what I said and I did not mean to say they just built a new high school - I meant they are building one. It will take a few years to build. All I meant is they will roll these new neighborhoods into it.

I found another thing handy when I was looking here - Terravista realty has a great website where you can search by neighborhood and if you go there and look for a house in a particular neighborhood you can then click on the map and zoom out and see where it is in relationship do the overall area. I did a lot of that type of searching to evaluate which ones might appeal to me.

Good luck!!!

Old 08-11-2017, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SML299 View Post
Jay,

You are so welcome!
And I just reread what I said and I did not mean to say they just built a new high school - I meant they are building one. It will take a few years to build. All I meant is they will roll these new neighborhoods into it.

I found another thing handy when I was looking here - Terravista realty has a great website where you can search by neighborhood and if you go there and look for a house in a particular neighborhood you can then click on the map and zoom out and see where it is in relationship do the overall area. I did a lot of that type of searching to evaluate which ones might appeal to me.

Good luck!!!
Thanks again, great info. Which subdivision did you chose and why?

Thanks!
J

Old 11-05-2017, 08:40 AM

Hello all, any new Fort Mill/Indian Land updates?

Old 11-06-2017, 07:11 AM

7 posts, read 17,178 times
I sent you a PM. Please feel free to contact me. I am very familiar with the schools and Fort Mill area. I'd love to help you get settled here!

Old 12-29-2017, 04:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3boyzmom View Post
I sent you a PM. Please feel free to contact me. I am very familiar with the schools and Fort Mill area. I'd love to help you get settled here!

That’s very nice of you.
Many Thanks!

Old 01-09-2018, 03:33 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,437,077 times
I may have to consider moving to SC instead of NC. But I don't mind being on the border. Is there public transportation from Fort Mill or the surrounding cities to Clemson University?

Old 01-10-2018, 05:52 AM

186 posts, read 335,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
I may have to consider moving to SC instead of NC. But I don't mind being on the border. Is there public transportation from Fort Mill or the surrounding cities to Clemson University?
I doubt it; since Clemson University is around a 2 1/2 hour (130 to 150 miles) drive from Fort Mill.

Psy

Old 01-10-2018, 04:48 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,429,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
You could take Amtrak from a station in Charlotte to Clemson.

https://www.amtrak.com/routes/crescent-train.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > York and Lancaster Counties