Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2020, 12:48 AM

613 posts, read 327,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEAandATL View Post
Funny, I would have never associated Tokyo with 80's nostalgia since it's futuristic. Anyhow I had to look up those two German cities since I wasn't familiar with them, but I've been to Strasbourg, France. Out of the two I'd say Saarbruecken looks more similar, like in the pictures with their cathedrals. They are also closer in location, and in city populations. They are both smaller cities while Stuttgart is larger, and is more industrial.

Now is Seoul more similar to Atlanta or Miami?
Atlanta

Is Moscow more similar to Kiev or Minsk?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2020, 06:00 AM

6,558 posts, read 12,051,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illadelph73 View Post
Atlanta

Is Moscow more similar to Kiev or Minsk?
That's a tough one since Kiev and Minsk are more similar to each other than either are to Moscow, but I'd say Minsk because it's more like the old Russia.

Is Sydney more similar to San Diego or Los Angeles?

Old 07-15-2020, 01:11 PM

2,279 posts, read 1,342,142 times
Quote:
That's a tough one since Kiev and Minsk are more similar to each other than either are to Moscow, but I'd say Minsk because it's more like the old Russia.

Is Sydney more similar to San Diego or Los Angeles?
I say LA because Sidney fills the role of the biggest and most important city in a huge area and LA is similar in that respect while San Diego is only the third metro in the CA.

Is Shanghai more similar to Tokyo or Seoul?

Old 07-21-2020, 02:22 PM

373 posts, read 253,060 times
Seoul in my opinion. More similar development than Tokyo.

Frankfurt more similar to Melbourne or Seattle?

Old 08-03-2021, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tion91 View Post
Seoul in my opinion. More similar development than Tokyo.

Frankfurt more similar to Melbourne or Seattle?
Tough one but I'll have to go with Melbourne overall. Melbourne has a European look and the architecture looks more similar.

Is London more similar to Seattle or San Francisco?

Old 08-03-2021, 03:48 PM

164 posts, read 81,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illadelph73 View Post
Athens. Only thing Istanbul and Dubai share is their respective countries are Muslim. Otherwise, Turkey is like Greece with Islam IMO. Very similar.

Is New York City more similar to Mexico City or Sydney?
To Seattle, the weather is more like London, and Seattle has a very Anglophone feeling. San Francisco has Spanish roots and you can sense it.

Accra Ghana is more like Lagos Nigeria or like Dakar Senegal?

Old 08-06-2021, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl77 View Post
To Seattle, the weather is more like London, and Seattle has a very Anglophone feeling. San Francisco has Spanish roots and you can sense it.

Accra Ghana is more like Lagos Nigeria or like Dakar Senegal?
I'm not too familiar with those cities but I will lean towards Lagos for the size and economics.

Is Paris more similar to Chicago or Detroit?

Old 08-06-2021, 07:03 AM

Quote:
I'm not too familiar with those cities but I will lean towards Lagos for the size and economics.

Is Paris more similar to Chicago or Detroit?
Also Lagos and Accra are both English speaking places, Dakar is French, so there is a big cultural difference there.

PAris is more similar to Chicago. Detroit is too small and run down, Chicago is bigger with better architecture and more chaos/order, pretty/ugly than Detroit, which is what paris is like.

Which city is more similar to Mexico city

Miami or Los angeles.

Old 08-06-2021, 07:30 AM

2,230 posts, read 1,716,237 times
I haven't been to Mexico City but I've done some research into it.

Neither is similar to Mexico City, but Los Angeles might be closer. Miami is humid, Mexico City and LA are dry. Despite the huge hispanic population, Miami isn't influenced by Mexican immigrants as much as LA, because most of Miami's immigrants are from central America, not Mexico.

Which city is more similar to Lisbon

San Francisco or Barcelona?

Old 08-06-2021, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodHombre View Post
I haven't been to Mexico City but I've done some research into it.

Neither is similar to Mexico City, but Los Angeles might be closer. Miami is humid, Mexico City and LA are dry. Despite the huge hispanic population, Miami isn't influenced by Mexican immigrants as much as LA, because most of Miami's immigrants are from central America, not Mexico.

Which city is more similar to Lisbon

San Francisco or Barcelona?
In appearance San Francisco, even in weather. Barcelona is more mediterranean, Barcelona is more LA like. With the whole vapid plastic surgery culture and the beach thing going on.

I 'd say San Francisco.

More similar to Johannesbourg

Philadelphia or Batimore
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World