Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2014, 05:08 AM

579 posts, read 761,741 times

Advertisements

How is Russia not the most geographically diverse? They have everything the USA does, but colder/warmer and bigger. The equivalent of the entire North America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2014, 05:42 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,854,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guajara View Post
Are there and tea plantations in the USA ?
Oregon, Hawaii, and South Carolina.

Old 03-23-2014, 06:40 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,854,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Devil View Post
How is Russia not the most geographically diverse? They have everything the USA does, but colder/warmer and bigger. The equivalent of the entire North America.
The US has two tropical regions; one is offshore in Hawaii, the other is on the mainland in Florida. Florida has a number of what are called "tropical hammocks," which are basically like smaller/isolated rainforests (as opposed to a single, large continuous one like the Amazon), and has a temperate rainforest in the Pacific Northwest... basically, the US has jungles, Russia doesn't.

India and China both have jungle, and more of it than the US, but again, they lack tundra.

Old 03-23-2014, 07:37 AM

1,267 posts, read 1,247,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Why do people get so defensive? I wasn't trying to insult India or any country.

And Alaska isn't all mountains.... now please try to attempt to carry on this conversation like a normal person.
Sorry, I forgot to put a smiley on the end and it came across as harsh. I do apologise.

I do actually agree that the US is possibly the most diverse country in the world although from what I've seen from my travels in India, it must be pretty close!

Old 03-23-2014, 09:15 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,286,674 times
Quote:

climate is on the whole , cold

Old 03-23-2014, 09:32 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,490,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guajara View Post
It looks not the same to me, but there are similarities, i agree.
USA seems to be geographically more diverse than India, but still there are some Indian landscapes wich don't exist in the USA.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbobcat View Post
Sorry, I forgot to put a smiley on the end and it came across as harsh. I do apologise.

I do actually agree that the US is possibly the most diverse country in the world although from what I've seen from my travels in India, it must be pretty close!
I think China actually comes closer or almost beats the USA in geographic diversity

Old 03-23-2014, 09:38 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,422,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
I think China actually comes closer or almost beats the USA in geographic diversity
I agree. If it doesn't beat it, it is at least a tie. And even then, I think what China has to offer is probably more........unique? I'm not sure who the runner up is, but if I had to guess, I'd say it was either India or Canada.

Old 03-23-2014, 10:48 AM

16,588 posts, read 27,381,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Europeanflava View Post
What hurts America is much of the lower 48's interior is plains and farmland. So even though it has diverse landscapes your typical worldly person would claim its not diverse compared to a country like Europe for that reason.

Atleast that is the way i see it.
But those plains themselves are diverse. The high plains are a steppe. The middle is mixed grass parries and the eastern side is tall grass prairie and each is distinct. Forest in the USA range from the eastern deciduous, to northwest temperate rain-forest to mountainside conifers in the interior to cypress swamps of the southeast to boreal forest in the upper midwest to pine-oak woodlands on the west coast and a mixture of some of them in transition zones. Mountains range from the gentle sloping Appalachians to the steep jagged cascades and almost everything in between. Every single weather event known to occur in the world has occurred in the lower 48 alone. There are coastal plains and coastal mountains. The are four distinct types of desert. China is one of the only countries I can think of that comes close to this. I know people like to compare country to country but often this isn't fair as the USA spans the width of a continent larger in area than Australia.

Old 03-23-2014, 11:23 AM

2,042 posts, read 2,903,494 times
In my opinion, access is a factor in this conversation. For instance, I know Russia, India, and China very well, but none of those countries have the ease of access to each type geographical region that the US does. That can be seen as a positive or negative thing, depending how one looks at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > World