Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2009, 07:13 PM

116 posts, read 298,470 times

Advertisements

Just looking around and noticing this seems to be a beautiful mountain area with lots of ample fishing. The Dogwood Lakes subdivision is right on the lake and the houses are cute, but the properties seem very small. Can anyone provide me with more information about that immediate area? What are the people like? Is Dogwood Lakes a nice subdivision or is it more like a trailer park area? Seems like a good spot to buy a small summer home. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 07:47 PM

456 posts, read 1,122,096 times
I was wondering the same thing..this place looks adorable.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:00 AM

1 posts, read 5,038 times
Any word on living at Dogwood Lakes? Are small dogs allowed? Do the homes on the creek ever suffer flood damage?
Can anyone help answer these questions for me.

Old 06-07-2017, 02:28 PM

4,787 posts, read 10,602,776 times
This old Thread came up with your new post...the Thread is 8 and 5 yrs old, respectively.
I have lived in Waynesville since Sept 2001, and know Haywood County quite well, but I had to hunt around on some RE sites to find 'Dogwood Lake'.

It appears to be a small community of mostly single wide mobile housing and some small SFHs on tight lots, with a pond, (lake is a stretch) in the middle of the community, that may be fed/replenished by Jonathan Creek.

No idea what the river levels get to. Area is about a mile from I-40, which may bring some road noise.

Check the RE sites as there area a few mobile homes for sale there. Some of the single wides listed may have more info to your questions.

Wouldn't be my pick, but everyone has to live somewhere...
GL, mD

Old 09-10-2019, 11:57 AM

858 posts, read 680,223 times
OP did you ever move to this subdivision?

I also wonder about flooding.

Old 12-16-2023, 06:45 PM

1 posts, read 809 times
Talking Dogwood lakes in Waynesville North Carolina

Hello everyone my name is Pamela,
Y'all had questions about dogwood lakes I have been living here for 6 years I moved from Charleston South Carolina.
These are Park models and some people have RVs you have to have at least a 400 ft home in order to be on our property.You own your own land here we do have four lakes and homes that are on Jonathan Creek.
Our lakes are fed by Jonathan Creek also we stock our lakes in here we only let homeowners and their families that are visiting or friends to be able to fish in here we are considered a private community.
There's about 130 homes in here. There are some part-timers that these are their second or third homes and the rest live here full year around we have a POA which is a property owned association I was on the board at one time. When I first moved here I was so in love with the area and also with the people that I had met that I got very involved in our community.
As far as flooding goes we really have never had a problem with that and I am on the creek it has gotten very high before but I have been blessed.
I fish everyday and my front yard and I fish sometimes in my backyard. We're mostly 55 and up but we do not exclude young couples most of the property homes here or I would say about 95 to 98% you have to purchase cash only we are as we say a small community but we all seem to get along as you know a small tight knit community you are going to have problems and me personally I would say there's probably 10% that are not very friendly in here overall I would say we have wonderful people and caring people in here . We do arts and crafts bingo we do potlucks we do all kind of things during the summer and some in the winter at our pavilion.As I said we all own our property and lot land. Wich is very rare. The views are spectacular here I have a gorgeous view of the mountains in the front and then I can see the Chattahoochee ski resort in my backyard . The neighborhood is like a resort or a million dollar home with these views but of course they're not million dollar homes and they are Park model homes but we have the luxury of living like we are millionaires with the views we have. So I hope I answered a lot of people's questions but it is beautiful in here and as I said about 10% people are bad other than that and it's a fantastic place to live . I have to say I sing or whistle everyday because I'm so blessed with the views and the life I get to live here. If anyone else has any questions just feel free to ask me.

Yours truly Pamela

Old 01-15-2024, 06:05 AM

55 posts, read 29,400 times
Pamela, that's great you have not had flooding at Dogwood Lakes as the Haywood county area experienced severe flooding 2 times in recent years. I remember thinking you guys had some great views there. I drove around there maybe a year or so ago scouting out a place for one of my family friends as a possible place to retire.

Thanks for the info about owning the land lot itself and other details.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina