Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2024, 08:37 AM

4,581 posts, read 3,406,102 times

Advertisements

Hi, I was referred for a colonoscophy a week ago. I spoke to the office that got the referral this morning and they seem like they may be backed up. My family in Pittburgh is stressed because its only taking them 4 days to get in on their referrals I have decent insurance. How long should I expect to wait before I start to get concerned?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2024, 03:43 PM

6,627 posts, read 4,289,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
Hi, I was referred for a colonoscophy a week ago. I spoke to the office that got the referral this morning and they seem like they may be backed up. My family in Pittburgh is stressed because its only taking them 4 days to get in on their referrals I have decent insurance. How long should I expect to wait before I start to get concerned?
If it’s the same office I was referred to, it took quite a while for them to get back to me. I don’t remember the exact time but it seems like it was 2-3 weeks. Finally, I contacted a colorectal surgeon and got right in. The company she worked for is no longer in Asheville, but she was wonderful. I will DM you her name. She might still be in the area.

Old 03-18-2024, 06:49 PM

642 posts, read 669,047 times
If you were referred to Mountain Gastro/Digestive Health Partners it may take a while. They are the big name in the area with a few different locations (you don't say where you are located) in Asheville, Hendersonville, Brevard and maybe others. It took a couple of weeks for me to get a call back after my Internist made the referral but the appointment was scheduled within 2 weeks after that.

Old 03-18-2024, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLM2000 View Post
If you were referred to Mountain Gastro/Digestive Health Partners it may take a while. They are the big name in the area with a few different locations (you don't say where you are located) in Asheville, Hendersonville, Brevard and maybe others. It took a couple of weeks for me to get a call back after my Internist made the referral but the appointment was scheduled within 2 weeks after that.
I have a problem with an office, whose scheduling clerk, takes a long time to get back to you to schedule a procedure.

Old 03-19-2024, 11:17 AM

642 posts, read 669,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
I have a problem with an office, whose scheduling clerk, takes a long time to get back to you to schedule a procedure.
I don't disagree. We have huge medical and insurance issues in this country as a whole. It gets amplified here because we are a smaller market with fewer choices.

Old 03-19-2024, 11:40 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,571,831 times
I don't know how referrals work in the U.S., but can you get referred to some other area -- Winston, Boone, Charlotte?

Old 03-19-2024, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucctgg View Post
I don't know how referrals work in the U.S., but can you get referred to some other area -- Winston, Boone, Charlotte?
I have DMed her the name of a wonderful colonrectal surgeon in Asheville who does colonoscopies. We were able to get into see her quickly.

Last edited by Lizap; 03-19-2024 at 07:03 PM..

Old 03-19-2024, 04:19 PM

34,993 posts, read 16,964,237 times
The wait in my area is about six weeks.

Old 03-19-2024, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
The wait in my area is about six weeks.
It’s one thing to wait for the actual procedure but another to have an extended wait to schedule an appointment to see the physician, so the procedure can be scheduled. There is no excuse for having to wait a long time to schedule an appointment with a physician.

Last edited by Lizap; 03-19-2024 at 11:51 PM..

Old 03-19-2024, 07:08 PM

34,993 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
It’s one thing to wait for the actual procedure but another to have an extended wait to schedule an appointment to see the physician, so the procedure can be scheduled.
Well the six weeks are divided into four weeks to see the physician and two weeks later for a colonoscopy.

Last edited by jbgusa; 03-19-2024 at 07:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina