Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2024, 01:13 PM

55 posts, read 8,618 times

Advertisements

My buddy sent me this link. Looks like Top Golf acquired a business license in February. I know Barboursville's Mayor Chris Tatum has said he's been in talks with TopGolf.

https://apps.sos.wv.gov/business/cor...spx?org=574906
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2024, 02:04 PM

6,126 posts, read 9,182,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbabbington96 View Post
My buddy sent me this link. Looks like Top Golf acquired a business license in February. I know Barboursville's Mayor Chris Tatum has said he's been in talks with TopGolf.

https://apps.sos.wv.gov/business/cor...spx?org=574906
That would be incredible! I can't really see any market in WV being big enough for them, but maybe factoring in the Charleston/Huntington/Ashland corridor they might consider a smaller scale venue. Another option is simply a Top Golf Swing Suite, which is essentially a simulator.

Old 05-08-2024, 04:27 PM

930 posts, read 836,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
That would be incredible! I can't really see any market in WV being big enough for them, but maybe factoring in the Charleston/Huntington/Ashland corridor they might consider a smaller scale venue. Another option is simply a Top Golf Swing Suite, which is essentially a simulator.
Charleston-Huntington is definitely big enough. Top Golf has locations in much smaller markets like Chattanooga, Augusta, and Mobile. If the region can handle Skyzone, and was able to obtain a Dave & Buster’s, Top Golf shouldn’t be an issue, in my opinion.

Top Golf would be a fantastic addition to the area, I hope this comes to fruition soon!

Old 05-08-2024, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer705 View Post
Charleston-Huntington is definitely big enough. Top Golf has locations in much smaller markets like Chattanooga, Augusta, and Mobile. If the region can handle Skyzone, and was able to obtain a Dave & Buster’s, Top Golf shouldn’t be an issue, in my opinion.

Top Golf would be a fantastic addition to the area, I hope this comes to fruition soon!
I wouldn’t say that. All three of those metros are much larger than either Charleston or Huntingtons metro. Only combined, the Charleston-Huntington metro is comparable, but not really considering the land area involved.

Sky zone is not really a catch. Many small cities have them, including Glens Falls, NY near where I am now.

Dave & Busters on the other hand was a steal by the Huntington Mall! Those are usually in much bigger markets.

Old 05-09-2024, 08:03 AM

592 posts, read 602,887 times
These folks are looking at the growth coming. Amazon is pretty much out of the bag and no secret. There are a couple more things like that in the works.

Plus some major infrastructure is coming to Teays Valley and not announced yet.

The area from the Nitro/Sa bridge to Ashland is going to see some growth it hasn’t had in quite a while.

I just hope the people in charge can think outside of the box.

Old 05-11-2024, 04:18 AM

64 posts, read 70,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNada View Post
These folks are looking at the growth coming. Amazon is pretty much out of the bag and no secret. There are a couple more things like that in the works.

Plus some major infrastructure is coming to Teays Valley and not announced yet.

The area from the Nitro/Sa bridge to Ashland is going to see some growth it hasn’t had in quite a while.

I just hope the people in charge can think outside of the box.
Oh? Please do share. What are you hearing as far as infrastructure? I may have missed the talk, but what is going on with Amazon locally? Nucor is also going to have a big impact on Huntington/Barboursville and Teays Valley.

Old 05-11-2024, 06:12 PM

4,995 posts, read 9,012,865 times
The rumor has been that an Amazon Distribution center is going in somewhere in Putnam County, Frazier’s Bottom I believe. As far as infrastructure, I haven’t heard anything additionally.

Old 05-12-2024, 04:46 AM

592 posts, read 602,887 times
The first infrastructure that you’ll be hearing about is for electrical projects. To supply projected demands.

A large distributor is looking for a location off of 35 that can handle 700 parking spaces.

But that’s not the only one that is looking.

Old 05-13-2024, 02:28 AM

64 posts, read 70,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNada View Post
The first infrastructure that you’ll be hearing about is for electrical projects. To supply projected demands.

A large distributor is looking for a location off of 35 that can handle 700 parking spaces.

But that’s not the only one that is looking.
700 is a lot of parking spaces. Can't wait to hear more about this. i have told my out of state friends many times that the area between Cross Lanes and Barboursville is in a prime location for growth
I love living in Putnam County, the quality of life is good, great communities, and good job opportunities.

Old 05-13-2024, 05:51 AM

Even with some expected growth in the greater metro valley corridor, I still can't imagine Topgolf opening in WV. The Charleston/Huntington metros combined would still be one of Topgolf's smallest markets they are in. The area's population is stagnate at best, and the majority of their smaller market locations are in fast growing sunbelt cities.

https://topgolf.com/us/locations-by-state/

My guess is, they may be interested in opening a "Swing Suite" somewhere in the state.

https://swingsuite.topgolf.com/

Don't get me wrong, I would be extremely excited if a full fledged Topgolf opened anywhere in WV! I've been to their Pittsburgh, Atlanta, and Tampa locations and they are so much fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia