Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2023, 11:24 PM

56 posts, read 66,149 times

Advertisements

I figure with all the new developments taking place in Teays Valley, it was time to start a new thread to discuss all of the growth. In this thread i would like to discuss what is currently here, what is in the planning phase, and what you would like to see come to the valley.

Target
The new Target store is coming along. I don't know when it plans to be open, but from the progress i have seen, i would have to guess it will be open by June.

Harley Davidson
I have heard a lot of discussion about a Harley Davidson coming to the valley and going in next to Home Depot. So far this seems to be just rumor, as i haven't seen anything in the news or forums to make it official yet.

PepsiCo/Frito-Lay
The brand new 70,000 sq ft facility appears to be complete and operational.

Of course the rumor mill is always churning about what will come to the areas around the Route 35/I-64 interchange. I have heard there is a truck stop in the works, but i am not sure exactly where that is supposed to go. Hopefully it's not going close to Sheetz or Teays Valley Christain, that area is already very busy with daily commuter and school traffic and couldn't handle additional commercial truck traffic.

I'll be interested to read what others have to add to this discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2023, 12:24 PM

583 posts, read 592,489 times
Supposedly across 64 and up on the hill there is going to be a major development including a truck stop.

I find it completely insane that the area has no Chick-fil-a as it would probably become the busiest in the state.

Old 04-21-2023, 01:57 AM

A Chick-fil-a would be so busy here that it would make TOO much money, lol.

The Teays Valley corridor is going to look so much different just in the next 3-5 years.

The new exit that is planned just past Hurricane at the county line in Culloden. The new bridges and interchange at St. Albans. So much potential.

Old 04-21-2023, 06:31 AM

6,068 posts, read 9,091,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaysValleyWV View Post
A Chick-fil-a would be so busy here that it would make TOO much money, lol.

The Teays Valley corridor is going to look so much different just in the next 3-5 years.

The new exit that is planned just past Hurricane at the county line in Culloden. The new bridges and interchange at St. Albans. So much potential.
Also, US 35 is now finished and there might be an increase in development in that direction.

Old 04-24-2023, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
Also, US 35 is now finished and there might be an increase in development in that direction.
That's a good point Chris. A local realtor was just telling me the other day that due to Nucor just about to break ground in Mason County, that land and housing is projected to be in high demand from Point Pleasant to Scott Depot.

Oh one other thing i forgot to mention in the initial post is the new CAMC outpatient center that is nearing completion on Teays Valley Road near Mountain View Elementary. It's a pretty large and modern looking facility, i am surprised im not hearing more about it.

Old 04-27-2023, 07:35 AM

9 posts, read 11,917 times
I also assume there is a planned renovation or expansion of the Teays Valley hospital at some point because there was project completed a couple years ago that updated the electrical systems and included new units for a future expansions.

https://www.prayconstruction.com/our...c-teays-valley

Old 05-23-2023, 11:18 PM

https://wchstv.com/news/local/target...es-magic-mart#

Target in Teays Valley is expecting to have an October 2023 opening

Old 06-14-2023, 10:48 AM

1,084 posts, read 1,880,510 times
Default Putnam County announcement

https://wvmetronews.com/2023/06/13/p...ding-purchase/

Looks like a good move for the Putnam County Development Authority

Old 07-13-2023, 12:51 AM

CAMC celebrated the opening of their 60k sq ft Outpatient Center in Teays Valley. They also announced a $70 million investment in the hospital building itself in Teays Valley. Also, continued momentum for Vandelia Health as they continue to expand statewide.

https://www.wvgazettemail.com/news/h...7e89ad8af.html

Old 08-03-2023, 10:40 PM

Default Nucor's impact on Putnam County

With permits in hand, Nucor plans to begin construction soon on new Apple Grove Steel Mill.

During construction, nearly 2,000 workers are expected to be on the site. The plant is expected to employ about 800 workers once completed.

While this plant is not going to be in Teays Valley, it's already having an impact on the area in Northern Putman. Nearby, in Fraziers Bottom, Hoba Builders are already constructing a planned community called AP35, complete with walking trails, ponds, and recreational areas. The Nucor plant will be easily accessible from Fraziers Bottom via Plantation Road and Jerry's Run Road (20 minutes)

http://https://wvmetronews.com/2023/...f-nucor-plant/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia