Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2023, 12:43 PM

60 posts, read 68,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscross309 View Post
2 Updates on infrastructure projects in WV.

Construction on the new "Rock Creek" interchange is underway in Boone County. The interchange will connect Corridor G with the Hobet Mine site that is being turned into the Rock Creek Development. The project hopes to attract new manufacturing businesses to Boone County, and boost the economy of Southern WV.
https://www.wsaz.com/2023/07/20/boon...g-development/

In Roane County, work continues on a new section of US-33 that will bypass dangerous sections of the old road. The project is going to really help Roane County not be so isolated.
https://original.newsbreak.com/@west...n-roane-county
At one time, US-33 was going to be expanded to 4-lanes through central WV. It was going to by-pass Spencer, and go north of Ripley, through Sandyville, connect with the interchange of I-77 at Silverton and into Ravenswood to the Ritchie Bridge. Plans fell through, im not sure if it was due to Route-50 being upgraded instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2023, 10:59 AM

2,023 posts, read 4,625,581 times
Interesting Chris- hadn't heard of either of these!

I've resigned to Interstate 73/74 never happening as there is too much to complete in Ohio, the portion of WV will be limited access with some intersections but more stop lights, we've had 'FUTURE 73 CORRIDOR' signs up here in SW and Southside VA on 220 for two decades, etc.

Corridor H is starting to gain some traction here in Virginia- As I expected it is already being heavily utilized by truckers hoping to cross the mountains from I-81. The completed portions from Wardensville to Davis have made Canaan Valley about three hours from the Beltway (compared to the old 4-4.5 hours) as well. The traffic volumes continue to grow and at some point the 14 mile two lane portion from 81 in Strasburg, VA to Wardensville is going to need improvement unless those rural hamlets want weekend traffic jams and a high rate of accidents.

Old 10-04-2023, 11:32 AM

6 posts, read 57,953 times
I like the idea of easier connection to Lewisburg but would rather the road be a connector from Richwood in eastern Nicholas County to Lewisburg and I-64. This could provide speedier access to Snowshoe and the expanded road build into Elkins to connect with corridor H there allowing for more land access for the growth in Elkins that could see speed with additional access to land, but also provide a beautiful drive through the mountains to connect the premiere ski resort area with the major roadways from both North and South. Summersville has enough access with 19 if anything a connector to Richwood that is 4 lanes or a bypass from 19 to Craigsville into Richwood to access the new mountain route would be beneficial to spur growth and development in that county along with Webster, Pocahontas and Greenbrier.The area outside Richwood to its south is not protected lands of the National Forest and would provide great buffer for new recreation, homes and business and shipping as the area could benefit from the fast easy access to the Greenbrier Valley and ease of I-64 and I-81 access.

Old Today, 05:21 AM

6,107 posts, read 9,149,073 times
Three highway projects in WV are on track to be completed within the next year.

- I-64 widening in Cabell County
- I-64 widening in Putnam County
- New Scott Miller Hill Bypass (US 33) in Roane County

https://wchstv.com/news/local/three-...-officials-say

Each of these projects are much needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia