Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach
 [Register]
West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach Palm Beach County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 07:50 AM

623 posts, read 1,302,794 times

Advertisements

Please comment . No nothing about pbg. Maybe I should be looking there also. schools, neighborhood feel, kids...... ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 11:27 AM

232 posts, read 773,362 times
I have lived in both areas. Similiar in some ways. Both have upscale malls. Both (I am assuming Boca) have had relatively stable housing prices compared to other communities. Both have tons of eateries. PBG has a younger crowd although it doesnt have FAU.

One disadvantage of PBG is it's the proximaty of Riveria Beach. Palm Beach Gardens has a brand new high school but it's not rated as well due to that reason.

I would say there are more places to go in PBG with the PGA Commons, two other outdoor malls. Probably more growth perspective too.

If old Jeb had not pulled the plug on the Riveria Beach eminent domain....

Old 08-25-2010, 02:14 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Try Jupiter. Jupiter High School is rated better than PBG.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:01 PM

2,093 posts, read 5,594,567 times
PBG is less populated then Boca, Boca is much larger and closer to Broward and Miami. PBG overall younger crowd, Boca has a more elderly and high jewish population, mainly from NJ/NY. So better bagels in Boca. PBG and north you will start seeing less amenities compared to Central PBC and South PBC. Some good areas and some not so good areas, you may have to travel/shop on Northlake Blvd, which is a congested traffic jam most of the time.

Also think though PBG is affluent, Boca is about the most vain area in PBC. People seem to be plastic and not real down to earth.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:47 PM

522 posts, read 1,610,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by THX 1138 View Post
PBG is less populated then Boca, Boca is much larger and closer to Broward and Miami. PBG overall younger crowd, Boca has a more elderly and high jewish population, mainly from NJ/NY. So better bagels in Boca. PBG and north you will start seeing less amenities compared to Central PBC and South PBC. Some good areas and some not so good areas, you may have to travel/shop on Northlake Blvd, which is a congested traffic jam most of the time.

Also think though PBG is affluent, Boca is about the most vain area in PBC. People seem to be plastic and not real down to earth.
Ditto Ditto Ditto!!!!!

Old 08-26-2010, 05:20 AM

2,113 posts, read 5,075,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaHawkeye View Post
I have lived in both areas. Similiar in some ways. Both have upscale malls. Both (I am assuming Boca) have had relatively stable housing prices compared to other communities. Both have tons of eateries. PBG has a younger crowd although it doesnt have FAU.

One disadvantage of PBG is it's the proximaty of Riveria Beach. Palm Beach Gardens has a brand new high school but it's not rated as well due to that reason.

I would say there are more places to go in PBG with the PGA Commons, two other outdoor malls. Probably more growth perspective too.

If old Jeb had not pulled the plug on the Riveria Beach eminent domain....

Palm Beach Gardens besides being a beautiful upscale area close to the beach .. also has desirable areas such as Jupiter , Abacoa , Tequesta and Juno Beach nearby .... I like Boca .. but PBG is nicer in my opinion and I do not agree that Riviera Beach affects PBG in any way .

Old 08-26-2010, 05:22 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,377,459 times
Here we go again with Boca..Really?? I dont think that if its bad as you say that so many people would be relocating here...can I tell you the INFLUX of kids in my son's HS most from Private School and they chose this HS because it happens to be a very good school...that is just ignorant. Not everyone is what you describe and NOT ALL of Boca is that way either..My son is on the swim team and they are the NICEST kids as well as the parents, and all of our friends are very down to earth and normal...Who cares if they have money? the other thing alot of them dont need plastic since they can actually afford to live here...but Im sorry Im a bit tired of people with the same Stereotypes go on and on and on...We are very comfortable here with our surroundings and out of all the places we have lived they happen to be very nice and real people. If you dont think there is MONEY in PGA?? and people dont live the way they do here in Boca? and as far as being Old alot of young people are coming into the area have been for a few years according to my friend who is a realtor here..With that being said, I think those that dont have seem to have nothing nice to say...and Vain? thats funny too...you havent seen vain where we lived last and where we came from that is vain...and so what if it has a big jewish population? Im not taking it personally but the ignorance from people because they dont like a Place..Not everyone is going to have a bad experience living here just know that..There are plenty of areas that have money here in South Florida and have older people and Superficial people as well...What can I say we fit in and are very happy here..15 months now and am so glad we finally got here....

Old 08-26-2010, 09:02 AM

232 posts, read 773,362 times
What I mean by RB affecting PBG is the property south of northlake. Montecito, Garden Oaks have seen to fallen more then other areas. I mean look at Woodbine...

Old 08-26-2010, 09:05 AM

3,199 posts, read 7,826,033 times
I don't know much about PBG. I will say that down to earth and Boca is not the typical. I am not saying there are not nice people because there are. Even on TV comics make fun of Boca and even in the movie Marley and Me. It is funny because it is so true. I tell stories to people and it makes for a good laugh. That being said overall I feel safe and it is convenient to a lot of things and most communities are kept nice. For myself I can put some things aside in terms of people. Again I don't know about PBG. So much of any place depends on what you are looking for and your personality. What one person may like another does not.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:11 AM

7,937 posts, read 20,377,459 times
Danielle If I was single I wouldnt be living in Boca!! But since we are family of 4 Boca is very family oriented and you not refrencing you Danielle Im speaking Generally...people dont think that other places comics make fun of well that is funny...I remember a a few NJ towns that were the Joke and we lived in NJ for 10 years...and in a very affluent area and the people are nicer here funny...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > West Palm Beach - Boca Raton - Boynton Beach