Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2024, 11:51 AM

6,815 posts, read 11,531,564 times

Advertisements

If you’re open to silk flowers, check Facebook Marketplace. I see a lot of wedding accessories on there, including flowers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2024, 03:44 PM

24,479 posts, read 10,804,014 times
Congratulations!
I am late to the party.

Flowers
Hair/nails
Dress
Groom (shorts maybe - duck!)

Old 02-01-2024, 08:18 PM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times
Thanks a lot guys & especially to you, clevergirl67!

(Again, I don't have to worry about the reception, guests, cake, food, & also photography/videography's taken care of.)

I'll do the best I can getting it all together & check this stuff out. Unfortunately, it's going to be raining tha next 3 weeks quite often...finally rare rain for southern California, but what timing for it to all happen NOW! But, normally, I like rain.

I didn't go anywhere today, so couldn't start looking at anything yet. Did mk nail appt & trying to mk hair appt.

Old 02-05-2024, 03:13 AM

61,649 posts, read 87,001,838 times
In worst case scenario - rent one. I mean, just look around to have PlanB!!

Old 02-06-2024, 05:52 PM

Things went smoother than I thought to get everything & schedule to have them done in just 2 weeks w/ my still having to work & w/ all the rain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnina View Post
In worst case scenario - rent one. I mean, just look around to have PlanB!!

I don't know which item you're talking about exactly, but everything's taken care of, except some little stuff to still get (makeup, eyelashes, toiletries, etc.) & fiance' just needs black shoes. It will definitely be nice enough. Ceremony's 1.5 hrs, then we're getting back home to be warm & cozy!

(I got my dress, shoes, & earrings in 1 day at 1 store.)

Old 02-07-2024, 09:16 AM

1,852 posts, read 867,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
Things went smoother than I thought to get everything & schedule to have them done in just 2 weeks w/ my still having to work & w/ all the rain!
(I got my dress, shoes, & earrings in 1 day at 1 store.)

Yay!

Old 02-07-2024, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post
Yay!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbn9761 View Post
Congrats!!!

I hope you guys have MANY YEARS of happiness!!!

Thank you! If you want, look over in my thread in the Fashion & Beauty section where I asked about veils & you can see my whole attire in my post #20.

Old 02-10-2024, 12:40 PM

9,848 posts, read 7,712,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post
Congratulations!

This is the time of year we went shopping for my daughter's dress, and at David's Bridal all the Mother of the Bride type dresses on sale at ridiculous prices. I got mine for about $30! The link below is for all dresses, set to the color you described. You can finagle the settings however you want, obviously.

https://www.davidsbridal.com/dresses...tDirection=ASC

You can also get your fiancé's suit or tux there, too.

If you don't have a David's Bridal nearby, the places I would go for the dress and a fancy suit is Dillard's, Belk, and Macy's, in that order.

If your stuff needs alterations, look for a place nearby; don't use David's Bridal because it will take forever. A seamstress can do it within days.

Also, be prepared to give a big donation to the church for you not needing to deal with food or a cake. Ask how many guests you can invite; they usual limit it to 4 depending on how large the sanctuary is.

Next is a photographer! Ask for referrals from friends on social media.

A local florist can do your bouquet and boutonniere, or you can order them online and design them yourself, but you'll have to do that like today, if they'll even be able to get to you on time (make sure you verify that first). If you do silk flowers, that's even easier, and you can keep them forever. That's what I did. Ask a crafty friend to help you out. A trip to Michael's or Hobby Lobby will be in order.

If you are going to do a reception, let us know. I can definitely help you with ideas for that! I am a planner, so just ask!
OMG, excellent reminder to provide a generous donation to the church for making this all possible.

It's so quick though, probably didn't have a chance to go through any standard pre-marital counseling that most pastors recommend.

Old 02-12-2024, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraG View Post
OMG, excellent reminder to provide a generous donation to the church for making this all possible.

It's so quick though, probably didn't have a chance to go through any standard pre-marital counseling that most pastors recommend.

Right, I had known about that. But yes, it wasn't even a requirement that we have to be members of the church to partake in this. The minister may not even personally know everyone getting married. It's a big church. I've personally gone maybe 7-10x throughout the years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings