Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2023, 01:18 PM

6,457 posts, read 7,790,414 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrah View Post
My first reaction: so people are going to pay you to make money for you? The number of people that are going to want to take a bunch of split wood is likely minimal. Good for you though for creative thinking.

I don't know where you're located, but I don't see getting much of a response for bachelor parties with this.
I'm just outside of Boston. Lots of yuppies with lots of $.

And yes, you are correct - I would either use the wood myself (my primary heat is wood but I already have 3 yrs stocked), or sell it to a customer. That is secondary though. I don't need the money, I just love the lifestyle so would was thinking of the bachelor party thing as a fun thing to do for people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2023, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
Yes ... many times, albeit it not with a splitter. And been to a lot of bachelor parties (lol). The most enjoyable ones have been sitting around a pool on a foreign beach or island drinking. But I digress.
I split a lot of wood so do have a splitter but still mostly use my mauls and axes. The splitter is for the stubborn rounds.

I understand the laying by a pool thing. Some definitely prefer that type of leisure/luxury thing and that is fine.

Thanks for weighing in.

Old 06-22-2023, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit33 View Post
The firewood splitting parties have been such a success we're going to expand our offerings:

- Cleaning the grease trap
- Putting a roof on a house in Texas in August
- Snow shoveling (not available in all areas)
- Filling out income tax forms
- Scraping paint from house siding

Any more brilliant ideas?

Lol. That’s funny.

My thinking was more like people who take a vacation to a dude ranch or working farm so they can feed carrots to horses and spray pigs with hoses and stuff.

Splitting a log is very empowering, satisfying, and fun. I think a bunch of guys getting together to do something manly fits well into a bachelor party type thing.

It’s like people to enjoy spending leisure time looking at shiny chandeliers and laying on a couch Vs. people who enjoy looking at wooded hills and swimming in a mountains fed stream.

I don’t know…I’m thinking there is a sizeable market for this. Judging by the opinions so far though, I won’t have much competition Lol!

Thanks for the input.

Old 06-24-2023, 10:41 AM

11,788 posts, read 12,024,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeugh View Post
Definitely need to combine this with an axe throwing bar. Then you may have something. The no alcohol is a deal breaker.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
A chopping wood activity being followed by a bon/campfire with food and drink might work, but the wood splitting itself wouldn't be much of a party.
I think these ideas in combination would be a perfect event.

Old 06-24-2023, 02:39 PM

8,270 posts, read 8,644,982 times
I don't see any market for this.

I can see the guys planning a bachelor party and one of them says " why don't we pay someone to split wood?" Who would consider that a good time? Who would even want to do it? What you think is manly others will think is stupid.

Food, drink, gambling, and strippers will always be popular, splitting wood won't be.

Old 06-24-2023, 02:52 PM

22,568 posts, read 47,633,000 times
I don't see that as being a fun activity, especially for women (And this is coming from someone has split wood and who likes to throw axes!).

What are you planning regarding liability insurance?
Will community zoning allow your commercial enterprise?

We take our own food, beer, and wine when we throw axes. You aren't allowing that?

Old 06-24-2023, 03:06 PM

11,085 posts, read 17,532,479 times
I think the only way this may be a hit is if that pretty lady who always popped out of the cake in her birthday suit could fit inside one of those logs. lol

Old 06-26-2023, 10:21 AM

6,815 posts, read 11,534,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kygman View Post
I think the only way this may be a hit is if that pretty lady who always popped out of the cake in her birthday suit could fit inside one of those logs. lol
Or you tie her spread eagle on a spinning circle and throw axes at her.

Old 06-26-2023, 11:47 AM

2,024 posts, read 979,083 times
I didn't know wood splitting is a 'lifestyle.'

I can't imagine this is at all even remotely appealing as a party event, much less one would pay for. I literally thought this was a joke post. I mean if it was one teeny, brief activity during a dude-ranch type day--maybe. Yeah, no, not even then.

Old 06-26-2023, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
I don't see that as being a fun activity, especially for women (And this is coming from someone has split wood and who likes to throw axes!).

What are you planning regarding liability insurance?
Will community zoning allow your commercial enterprise?

We take our own food, beer, and wine when we throw axes. You aren't allowing that?
For liability, they would sign a waiver.

For zoning, it would be on private property. I am in contact with a local shooting club that has a large property and I am able to use a portion of that. The shooting club area is a perfect location - firearms and axes. Lol.

It's funny, two other women I know thought that it would be a big hit with women. I was a little surprised but that is their thought.

No, I would definitely not be allowing alcohol. Way too dangerous for splitting wood. I've been at it a long time and it would be lunacy to swing an axe while drinking. I would not allow that.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings