Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2019, 08:17 PM

23 posts, read 21,628 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

do you know someone who can help with decorating a wedding backdrop please? and how much do they charge?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 11-30-2019 at 10:00 PM.. Reason: Thread title edited for clarification.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2019, 09:29 PM

49,926 posts, read 60,273,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkat2019 View Post
Hi everyone,

do you know someone who can help with decorating a wedding backdrop please? and how much do they charge?
A florist can, or a wedding planner. You may have friends who are naturally gifted in decor and styling who might be able to help you, or even just sketch you an idea.

The cost depends on the materials. It can be a few hundred or a few thousand dollars. Or it can cost whatever you spend on the materials at a craft store, etc.

Old 02-19-2020, 10:16 AM

20,482 posts, read 14,848,232 times
The idea of the couple not having to worry about anything is nice and all, but there is a trade off and that is money. You only get the "I don't have to worry, it's all taken care of!" experience, if you have unlimited money to pay for it.

Which is kind of how life works. You get to choose, time or money. And over-spending is hardly going to make it so that the couple has no worries, unless they are spending someone else's money or they've got unlimited wealth, which most of us don't.

The matter of decoration, was a big factor in my venue choice. I knew I wanted my wedding to be at, or very near, a convention event that most of my friends are going to attend anyways. So I knew exactly when, and I had a small number of possible venues nearby to consider. At first I'd ruled out the hotel's event space that was available, as too expensive. But when I got to investigating other options...

The hotel: Food, drink, tables & chairs, linens, dishes, setup and tear down, are included AND the space is pretty and requires almost no decoration.

Other options: Mostly big, stark white cafeteria-looking rooms (for the reception, which is where the real cost is coming from here) food had to be arranged separately, extra cost to rent tables, chairs, and linens, extra cost for dishes and my people would have to set up and tear down, and I'd have to do something about the horrible appearance of the space, I'd need to worry about decorating it extensively...which is more cost, more stress, more work.

I had to create a spreadsheet to understand the REAL cost of each of my options.

So OP, my first piece of advice, is if you have not yet chosen your venue for sure, then consider picking one that is already pretty and then you don't have to worry so much about backdrops and decor.

If that is not an option... What do you mean by "backdrop?" Are you thinking of this like setting up a photography set? What do you have to work with already, are you getting married in a church? A room? Outdoors? What?

If what you are envisioning behind you when you do your ceremony is just a blank wall and you want to do something about that, I would consider maybe a big ol' piece of trellis with some kind of flowery vine garlands woven into it. I would probably make this myself, but I'm pretty crafty and those kinds of projects are easy for me. Of course the downside of DIY for something like this is...what the heck do you do with it afterwards? I guess you could try to sell it? Given that, I bet that there are places (check Google) that rent out wedding decor. Also, do not forget lighting! You can create some pretty cool effects with light.

Old 02-20-2020, 01:50 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,302,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
The idea of the couple not having to worry about anything is nice and all, but there is a trade off and that is money. You only get the "I don't have to worry, it's all taken care of!" experience, if you have unlimited money to pay for it.

Which is kind of how life works. You get to choose, time or money. And over-spending is hardly going to make it so that the couple has no worries, unless they are spending someone else's money or they've got unlimited wealth, which most of us don't.

The matter of decoration, was a big factor in my venue choice. I knew I wanted my wedding to be at, or very near, a convention event that most of my friends are going to attend anyways. So I knew exactly when, and I had a small number of possible venues nearby to consider. At first I'd ruled out the hotel's event space that was available, as too expensive. But when I got to investigating other options...

The hotel: Food, drink, tables & chairs, linens, dishes, setup and tear down, are included AND the space is pretty and requires almost no decoration.

Other options: Mostly big, stark white cafeteria-looking rooms (for the reception, which is where the real cost is coming from here) food had to be arranged separately, extra cost to rent tables, chairs, and linens, extra cost for dishes and my people would have to set up and tear down, and I'd have to do something about the horrible appearance of the space, I'd need to worry about decorating it extensively...which is more cost, more stress, more work.

I had to create a spreadsheet to understand the REAL cost of each of my options.

So OP, my first piece of advice, is if you have not yet chosen your venue for sure, then consider picking one that is already pretty and then you don't have to worry so much about backdrops and decor.

If that is not an option... What do you mean by "backdrop?" Are you thinking of this like setting up a photography set? What do you have to work with already, are you getting married in a church? A room? Outdoors? What?

If what you are envisioning behind you when you do your ceremony is just a blank wall and you want to do something about that, I would consider maybe a big ol' piece of trellis with some kind of flowery vine garlands woven into it. I would probably make this myself, but I'm pretty crafty and those kinds of projects are easy for me. Of course the downside of DIY for something like this is...what the heck do you do with it afterwards? I guess you could try to sell it? Given that, I bet that there are places (check Google) that rent out wedding decor. Also, do not forget lighting! You can create some pretty cool effects with light.
Great points.

When my son married, it originally seemed like a certain venue would be much more expensive than other choices, but tables/chairs/table linens/etc. were all included and it was a pretty space that did not need any extra decorating. It ended up being cheaper (and easier) than other venues where you had to order and pay for everything separately (and sometimes needed to set it up yourself).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships > Weddings