Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2012, 04:47 PM

14 posts, read 26,674 times

Advertisements

[quote]
Today, the racial diversity of TC is White (Germanic), Hispanic, and the occasional Russian.

Who do you think Russians are?! They are white (caucasian), always have been and always will be.

Poor American education? Eeeeh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2012, 10:27 PM

348 posts, read 1,051,610 times
>>>You'll actually see migrant workers camped along the river [in Yakima] there almost like it's a third world country<<<

I don't see this one.

Old 09-06-2012, 12:28 PM

1 posts, read 4,135 times
[FONT=verdana]I grew up in Yakima. As did my father. Yakima has its good and bad sides as does any town. I still have family that live in Yakima too. Depending on where you live in the Yakima valley you will have a different experience. I think Yakima is a great place to raise a family. There are a lot of out door things to do, shopping is not bad considering they are moving JCPenney back to the area in Union gap. Many people may say bad stuff about Yakima because it is smaller to Seattle but if you were to compare things that go wrong in Seattle vs. Yakima it may be close to the same. However, you don't hear a lot of bad stuff bout Seattle because there are more things to do in the city.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana] [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana]You may see migrant workers camped by the river but if you in down town how many homeless people do you see sleeping on the side walks? Truth of the matter is just because they have a job and that money they are earning is going to support their family else where doesn't mean that they have a place to live. They find the best place suitable and that may happen to the river where they can find free food (fishing), running water, & shelter (not like it rains much there but to keep out of the hot sun).[/FONT]

Old 09-07-2012, 11:48 AM

100 posts, read 242,846 times
BEST: Rainier Beach
WORST: Mercer Island

Oh wait... Reverse the order

Old 12-22-2012, 01:22 PM

303 posts, read 821,762 times
I am surprised nobody mentioned Ellensburg

Old 12-28-2012, 03:54 AM

19,208 posts, read 16,696,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritbear928 View Post

You just did!

Old 12-28-2012, 02:44 PM

23 posts, read 117,892 times
Worst: Anywhere along I5
Best: Olympic Peninsula & Islands

Old 01-03-2013, 10:51 AM

256 posts, read 541,403 times
Here are the places I would consider.

Puyallup - 37,022 population. Has all the shopping you want with the South Hill Mall, Walmart etc... Also the area has good schools if that matters to you. Last but not least the Washington State Fair (Puyallup Fair) is there and that is pretty fun.

Redmond Washington - 54,144 population. It is a little bigger than you want but this is a nice area and is home to Microsoft and Nintendo.

Tri Cities - It is bigger but it feels small and is a great place to raise a faimly and in the summer there Are alot of water sports there.

WELCOME TO WASHINGTON!

Also even though one of the countries most famous and best fairs is in Puyallup plus adding the good high schools in the area no one mentions it.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:53 PM

22 posts, read 36,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritbear928 View Post
Oh yeah. Good point! Definately don't move to Ellensburg! It's even worse than Yakima. I went to college in E-burg and there's so little to do there that we would go to Yakima for fun.

Have you considered Sumner? It's a little easier to move around in than Puyallup but still close to everything. Plus they have cute vintage houses and some great restaurants.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:58 AM

1 posts, read 3,134 times
Hi Washington,

Can someone that has grown up in WA, please tell me what Auburn is like? We are thinking of buying a new home there and I just wanted to know what the real locals think of it? Thank you for your opinions!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington