Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2024, 01:06 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Not familiar with Weatherbug, but that sounds wrong. I guess it depends how one defines a "wintery mix" and how wide an area it's measuring. Since you're near the mountains, there may be very frequent snowy mix within a 15 mile or so radius in the foothills nearby... that wouldn't be falling down in Enumclaw... not *every day*
I also use Weather Bug. The problem is that the Puget Sound region has the water, Cascade and Olympic mountains, Snoqualmie Valley, the Sammamish and Enumclaw Plateaus, many rivers and lakes that can change the weather pattern from one hour to the next. Last night it showed that here in Sammamish we would get snow all night. When I got up at 4am, expecting to see white it was just wet. Going back onto Weather Bug it had changed to just rain. Meanwhile it showed just rain in Settle, but 2 of my employees in Ballard and near the Zoo both had to clear snow off of their cars to get to work this morning. Enumclaw is a higher elevation like Sammamish. We are at 615', Enumclaw 761', so both will get snow or at least a mix when lowlands are just getting rain. Enumclaw's land was actually formed by a volcanic mudflow from Mount Rainier 5,700 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2024, 01:15 PM

14,458 posts, read 12,081,453 times
We have a home weather station that is published on WeatherUnderground. That might be a good option to check... there's lots of home weather stations you can get a good sampling from.

Old 02-15-2024, 08:07 PM

3,120 posts, read 8,061,719 times
No study of Enumclaw would be complete without learning about the world famous horse sex case. Run some Google searches for Enumclaw Mr Hands to learn more. A documentary film called "Zoo" investigates it further: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoo_(2007_film)

Old 02-16-2024, 10:50 AM

6,416 posts, read 8,273,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhaalspawn View Post
No study of Enumclaw would be complete without learning about the world famous horse sex case. Run some Google searches for Enumclaw Mr Hands to learn more. A documentary film called "Zoo" investigates it further: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoo_(2007_film)
That's horrifying! What streaming services do I need to avoid so I don't accidentally watch the whole thing?

Old 02-16-2024, 11:19 AM

1,683 posts, read 2,704,775 times
Enumclaw definitely had a reputation in the past.

Old 02-21-2024, 08:23 PM

638 posts, read 347,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatridger View Post

One oddity: I've been using a phone app called Weather Bug for local and national forecasts. Looking at Enumclaw, it's predicted "Frozen Mix" nearly every day this winter, for a week at a stretch. I wondered how anybody keeps their car on the road there! Recently I compared this to the NWS site and others and found Weather Bug consistently predicts 12 or so degrees below other sites. Has anyone else noticed this? Please say Weather Bug is wrong. Do they take their measurements on the slopes of The Mountain?
Apps like weather bugg are pretty much useless in the Pacific Northwest. A few miles and the elevation changes can make a huge difference in weather. Those boiler plate forecasts are better for flat climates with predictable terrain like Eastern Colorado and the Midwest.

The weather within a ten mile radius of Enumclaw can be dramatically different.

Old 02-29-2024, 11:19 AM

371 posts, read 361,162 times
The news to watch in Enumclaw is a big new rock quarry planned for Black Diamond, just to the north. It looks to be quite the land use battle. Thirty-five years of operations are predicted, generating 300-700 vehicle trips per day, most of it large trucks. Even if the locals can't stop this, they ought to leverage it to gain serious road improvements.

Old 03-02-2024, 02:07 AM

5,699 posts, read 4,920,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatridger View Post
Lately I've been lurking the town's community facebook page. Mostly good vibes there, with good participation. There's an impressive number of "Pay it forward" stories, along with grumbling about all the new residential developments. I probably wouldn't choose a new home, because I hate modern minimalism, with all that black and white and LVP. The older homes attract me, but there aren't many of them...

I have an urge to buy the nearby McMillin Christmas Tree Farm (which I probably could never afford.) Just so I could write my address as: John McMillin, McMillin Christmas Tree Farm, McMillin, Washington.

One oddity: I've been using a phone app called Weather Bug for local and national forecasts. Looking at Enumclaw, it's predicted "Frozen Mix" nearly every day this winter, for a week at a stretch. I wondered how anybody keeps their car on the road there! Recently I compared this to the NWS site and others and found Weather Bug consistently predicts 12 or so degrees below other sites. Has anyone else noticed this? Please say Weather Bug is wrong. Do they take their measurements on the slopes of The Mountain?
McMillin isn’t a city, so your post address will probably say Puyallup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington