Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2023, 03:50 PM

6 posts, read 22,655 times

Advertisements

Is Whidbey Island worth a visit? I found a few things that looked interesting here https://washingtondiscovered.com/thi...land-day-trip/ but not sure if I should include it on my trip itinerary when I come to visit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2023, 09:14 PM

8,170 posts, read 8,292,916 times
Hi Sarah! Absolutely. A good way to to it is to leave Seattle early in the morning to beat traffic, drive north to Mount Vernon, take Hwy 20 West exit headed toward Anacortes. Keep going, follow signs to Deception Pass. When you there, get out and look around, have a little hike, it’s stunning. Skip Oak Harbor, not much there. Set your GPS for Captain Whibdey Inn, atmospheric and historic place for lunch. Curl around the bay and visit Coupeville, walk out on the Historic Wharf. Drive across island to Ebey’s Landing, have a hike along the bluff there. If you aren’t walked out, drive to Double Bluff Beach and stroll out the lovely beach. Cross island again and have dinner in Langley, vibrant and fun little seaside town with great food options. Hit the ferry in Clinton at the end of the day and take it back to Mukilteo. On top of all I’ve mentioned, Whidbey is just a fun island to get lost on, take little roads and see where you end up. Enjoy!

Old 09-21-2023, 07:33 PM

thank you for all the ideas!!!

Old 09-22-2023, 03:09 AM

1,824 posts, read 797,831 times
You could also go to Coupeville on Whidbey & take the ferry over to Port Townsend. It’s a great, scenic trip & Port Townsend is a beautiful, Victorian town.

Old 09-22-2023, 11:35 AM

6,223 posts, read 3,406,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah232094 View Post
Is Whidbey Island worth a visit? I found a few things that looked interesting here https://washingtondiscovered.com/thi...land-day-trip/ but not sure if I should include it on my trip itinerary when I come to visit.
The most interesting to me is Fort Casey, deception pass and Coupeville. There are other places but those three are my favorite.

Last edited by rantiquity; 09-22-2023 at 11:45 AM..

Old 09-26-2023, 09:27 PM

861 posts, read 1,061,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesinseattle View Post
Hi Sarah! Absolutely. A good way to to it is to leave Seattle early in the morning to beat traffic, drive north to Mount Vernon, take Hwy 20 West exit headed toward Anacortes. Keep going, follow signs to Deception Pass. When you there, get out and look around, have a little hike, it’s stunning. Skip Oak Harbor, not much there. Set your GPS for Captain Whibdey Inn, atmospheric and historic place for lunch. Curl around the bay and visit Coupeville, walk out on the Historic Wharf. Drive across island to Ebey’s Landing, have a hike along the bluff there. If you aren’t walked out, drive to Double Bluff Beach and stroll out the lovely beach. Cross island again and have dinner in Langley, vibrant and fun little seaside town with great food options. Hit the ferry in Clinton at the end of the day and take it back to Mukilteo. On top of all I’ve mentioned, Whidbey is just a fun island to get lost on, take little roads and see where you end up. Enjoy!
And if you're lucky, you'll get a Growler airshow. Stop and be amazed.

Old 10-08-2023, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarah232094 View Post
https://washingtondiscovered.com/thi...sland-day-trip

not sure why that link didn't work the first time? weird.

Old 10-10-2023, 12:32 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,731,049 times
We used to camp at Ft. Casey during the summer. We would come out highway 20, check out the Deception Pass bridge and beach if physically up for the "goat trail" down to it, then hit the shrimp shack just past the bridge a bit (don't recall the name it's changed-but we'd bring a cooler with ice and buy 10#'s, they are delish), then we'd walk on the ferry to Port Townsend and spend the day over there. Relatives have since passed away and moved away, and the campsites and ferries book out almost the instant they open up for reservations during the summer so that was the end of that.

Old 10-16-2023, 08:01 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,072,220 times
I agree with CalWorth.
Taking the ferry to PT sounds like a good time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington