Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2023, 01:35 PM

174 posts, read 133,153 times

Advertisements

Have faint memories of going there many years ago but found the whole event confusing.
I'm considering going with the family this month but still find it confusing. Seems you have to pay admission to visit all of the tulip farms (but parking is free). Found the bloom map so you can see what is currently blooming. They have all sorts of add-ons when you go online to pay admission. Not sure if you have to pay in advance for every one of the farms or some you can pay when you arrive.

Has anyone gone this year (or last year)? Can you offer any tips?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2023, 02:17 PM

1,495 posts, read 1,672,636 times
You can just drive around next to the fields, you don't have to go in any of the farms. If you want to miss the crowds, go early, after 11am it backs up everywhere. If you can avoid the street fair days (which is this weekend) then it helps too.

Old 04-19-2023, 02:17 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,186,228 times
We haven't gone since 2019, but we did pass by on the way to Burlington on Saturday. With the weather being wet/windy and the blooms being late, we were surprised to see that there was no traffic in the area. Normally it's backed up on I5 for a few miles before LaConner. We laughed at the sign that said "Congested Event Traffoc Ahead". We used to go to RoozenGaarde and Tulip Town, but drive by any others. In peak season it's an amazing sight, well worth the time and cost of $15-20 each. We used to always have to pay there, I don't think they offered paying in advance back then. We always took a day off work to go during the week.

On the way home, I recommend eating at Jimmy's Pizza and Pasta in Stanwood. It's on 532 going toward Camano Island, about 10 minutes off of I5. We had a great dinner there Saturday on our way home.

Old 04-19-2023, 06:38 PM

1,683 posts, read 2,708,340 times
Rozengaard is the best and worth stopping and going to if you drive up there. Their display gardens are beautiful.

It is kind of cold and miserable though with the brutal wind this spring so dress warm with wind-proof jackets. It's supposed to warm up next week so that might be better.

Old 05-08-2023, 09:29 AM

174 posts, read 133,153 times
We ended up going on a lovely sunny Thursday. The crowds were not bad. We only had time to see one of the tulip destinations so we chose the RoozenGaarde and spent a great deal of time there. It was gorgeous! They have a beautiful garden display and magnificent tulip fields. Everything was very nicely maintained and everyone was friendly. It cost $15 a person which included parking that was managed very well. I highly recommend it. :-)

Old 05-08-2023, 12:45 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,734,101 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkDGCVs7H7Y

If you can go during the week you're better off. The peak tulip season weekends will be solid traffic backed up for miles and usually several accidents as well.

Old 06-08-2023, 06:51 AM

291 posts, read 948,464 times
My in-laws used to live in Shelter Bay, across the channel from the tulip fields. They lived at the top of the hill that overlooked the marina, rainbow bridge, Martha’s beech, Mt Baker, and of course the tulip fields. What a beautiful area. Alas my in-laws are gone, but the memories live on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington