Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2023, 12:13 PM

3,405 posts, read 2,729,940 times

Advertisements

Our state went soft on crime and released thousands of criminals, the results speak for themselves.
The no-police pursuit law was just challenged in the current legislative session, and not a single democrat voted in favor of the modification to the law. Here in the Bellingham area I see complaints of trail head break ins many times weekly. Seems that the homeless will often steal a car, then drive around from one trailhead to another and break into all the vehicles. Not good, when that kind of thing is the sole reason many people pay a premium to move here(scenery and trails).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2023, 04:48 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Info on crime for particular neighborhoods can be found by contacting the local PD and asking for it. Most PDs will have an officer assigned to provide this info, and they will be glad to talk to you.

Old 03-17-2023, 07:57 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,551 posts, read 81,085,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Info on crime for particular neighborhoods can be found by contacting the local PD and asking for it. Most PDs will have an officer assigned to provide this info, and they will be glad to talk to you.
Many of the cities have a police blotter or a crime map on their website. Looking at the one in Bremerton, one would probably decide to move elsewhere.

https://bremerton.maps.arcgis.com/ap...1ca3cd673c156b

Old 03-17-2023, 03:00 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,037,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I had a 2,000 dollar boat stolen from my driveway in Chelan County.

The Deputy asked "are you filing a insurance claim"....otherwise, we are doing NOTHING.

So it never shows up in the crime statistics. Odds are getting the boat back were ZERO.

Next time, my hunting stuff and ammo from my driveway. I didn't even call the Sheriff's Department, but did vote him out of office along with my neighbors.

BTW...I live in a very nice neighborhood, with million dollar new homes filled with refugee's from Seattle.

It is NOT a place where you think you need guard dogs.

I am seriously considering gating my property. NEVER thought living in eastern Washington that I would gate my property!!!

Old 03-17-2023, 04:38 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,273,283 times
So you don't have homeowner's insurance? Surveillance?

I ask because I can't think of many places in America where it's safe to leave your doors unlocked these days...

Old 03-17-2023, 04:47 PM

3,203 posts, read 2,481,894 times
Recent headline:
https://www.newsbreak.com/bellevue-w...-to-bellingham

This, however, refers to the I5 corridor and it is in reverse. But, thieves are opportunists who will strike anywhere they see soft on crime communities. Washington has decided that compassion rather than punishment should be the way to deal with criminals.

My family was prominent in the Kitsap Peninsula so when visiting, check out Scenic Beach State Park and the Emel Homestead.

Old 03-17-2023, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
So you don't have homeowner's insurance? Surveillance?

I ask because I can't think of many places in America where it's safe to leave your doors unlocked these days...
So homeowners insurance is a substitute for law enforcement?

No surveilliance, lived in Idaho and eastern Washington for 45 years and never locked the house or truck until recently.

It is really hard to remember to lock up your stuff if you hadn’t done it for 45 years.

Old 03-17-2023, 10:25 PM

805 posts, read 539,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWorth View Post
Wow. Well, I have certainly seen plenty of evidence to attest to that, but I wonder why? Washington is so much smaller, pop & geo, than CA or TX!
Law enforcement and prison officials are sending hardened criminals here from all over the country. We are known as "Freeattle".

Old 03-18-2023, 07:17 PM

6,416 posts, read 8,273,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
So homeowners insurance is a substitute for law enforcement?

No surveilliance, lived in Idaho and eastern Washington for 45 years and never locked the house or truck until recently.

It is really hard to remember to lock up your stuff if you hadn’t done it for 45 years.
Well, times have changed and this is the 21st century, post-COVID. You can either allow yourself to be victimized by criminals who already know you're an easy mark since you've been robbed twice, or you can be proactive and protect your assets. Or, do nothing but complain and try to politicize the matter on the internet...

Old 03-19-2023, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Well, times have changed and this is the 21st century, post-COVID. You can either allow yourself to be victimized by criminals who already know you're an easy mark since you've been robbed twice, or you can be proactive and protect your assets. Or, do nothing but complain and try to politicize the matter on the internet...
Yep, it is always the fault of the victim.

Now you know how women feel when they are raped.

Yep, I definitely want to "politicize the matter on the internet".

We got rid of the Sheriff in Chelan County. Next step is the Legislature.

It is how our system of government works!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington