Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2022, 09:23 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,694 posts, read 58,004,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
Yes, CA is just less cold and really depends 'where' in CA you go. ....

I would love to take a trip to Europe and visit some of the southern parts around France, Spain, Portugal and Italy. I wonder when the best/cheapest times to go are?

Derek
Fall or Spring.... The absolute cheapest is Jan -Feb, but can be chilly (10-15c)

Spring brings wildflowers and long days.
Fall brings harvest fests and orange sunsets.

https://www.adventureinyou.com/spain...o-visit-spain/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2022, 11:37 AM

1,824 posts, read 796,358 times
Anza-Borrego desert for me in dead of winter.

Old 12-12-2022, 01:45 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,550 posts, read 81,103,317 times
No, in fact I prefer to hang around here and enjoy the cooler weather. Welll take vacations to warmer areas when it's hot here anyway, like in July or August. We moved here to avoid the heat that we suffered with in California where it could be 100F in April or October.

Old 12-12-2022, 05:09 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,252,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnSurfer View Post
With all the serious posts, I thought I'd post something a little lighter. As we approach winter in the WA with lots of rain and more snow to come along with colder waters, I'm reminded of good times visiting Florida during the winter. It's definitely a fun place to snowbird and enjoy some warm beaches.

If you've taken a winter warm up trips during winter, where have you gone? So far, I've headed to FL, CA, AZ and NV all of which were a nice reprieve. Sometimes its enough to dream a bit about tropical winter days.

Derek
When the Wife and i visited last month. We saw the Snow on Mount Rainer, Up at Paradise Summit.
I should say my Wife's first time seeing the Snow Fall, and my First time on Mount Rainer myself. Of, course when i lived here we had many Snow days to see and play in, as a Kid.
So, we traveled to warm Aiea on Oahu.
Wife is also planning to come back and see Washington during the holidays next year. After seeing the snow for the first time.
See you next year.

Old 12-12-2022, 05:42 PM

861 posts, read 1,061,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWorth View Post
Anza-Borrego desert for me in dead of winter.
Ah, Yes. My uncle had a small house at Ocotillo Wells, back in the 50s-60s. Fun times.

Old 12-12-2022, 09:03 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,071,084 times
I doofed up a vacation in a big way many years ago.
We took the kids to the Caribbean in late August one year when they were really young.
In a box somewhere I have a photo of the two of them way up in a parasail with thunder and lightning clouds all around them.
We were like oh *#%@Â¥$!!!
This is our version of the Ben Franklin.

Old 12-17-2022, 11:00 AM

1,348 posts, read 705,682 times
grew up in lemon grove ca just bit east of san diego winters in san diego area are perfect its what i miss the most and the beaches

Old 12-17-2022, 12:37 PM

8,213 posts, read 16,689,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dav51lin View Post
grew up in lemon grove ca just bit east of san diego winters in san diego area are perfect its what i miss the most and the beaches
My wife is from SD and we still have family in Lemon Grove. We sometimes travel there for the holidays. It normally consists of going to the beach and paddling around the Bays. While the water is cold in the upper 50s, its 'relatively' warm compared to WA. Here's a few pics of our paddles in Coronado and Mission Bay in late December. It was ~ 70 out. With 3mm wetsuits, our kids were playing in the water and not cold.

Derek

Old 12-17-2022, 12:46 PM

14,458 posts, read 12,086,413 times
We can't travel because we have the farm animals here who need us.

On the other hand, chores like hay hauling and stall cleaning are good ways to stay warm. :-)

Old 12-17-2022, 01:15 PM

8,213 posts, read 16,689,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
We can't travel because we have the farm animals here who need us.

On the other hand, chores like hay hauling and stall cleaning are good ways to stay warm. :-)
That's my #1 reason not to have farm animals. I love traveling too much!! lol

More seriously though, we have friends who have farm animals and they just returned from a Florida vacation. I'll have to ask how they managed it. I'm sure they they either payed someone or bartered with another neighbor. 'You tend to mine, then I'll tend to yours' type thing.

I guess it boils down to your lifestyle goals and what you enjoy most. My young adult son's current girlfriend has horses and alpacas. She lives on a ranchette like many in the country near us. While he has always lived in the suburbs or city. She, of course, dreams about having their own land with animals and he's sorta ambivalent. I don't think he has the foggiest idea what he's signing up for while in puppy love. So far, he is just going along for the ride. lol

Derek
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington