Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2022, 01:33 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,696,773 times

Advertisements

Any recommendations for drive-throughs with bonus points if they give dog treats that dogs actually like. I mostly just drink it black and bitter but do like the occasional apple cider latte or whatever.

Anyone have any recommendations for dog groomers who can handle an American Eskimo coat?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2022, 10:46 PM

No answers, but for anyone who's interested, Olympia has much better DoorDash than the Oregon Coast.

Old 12-15-2022, 08:32 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,550 posts, read 81,103,317 times
For me the best coffee drive thru by far is Dutch Bros. Our nearest is a good 1/2 hour away but worth it to go if in the area. Down your way the closest is probably at 7225 Martin Way E. in Olympia, another in Tumwater, and another in Lacey. I don't know about dog treats, have never had a dog with us when getting coffee.

Old 12-15-2022, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
For me the best coffee drive thru by far is Dutch Bros. Our nearest is a good 1/2 hour away but worth it to go if in the area. Down your way the closest is probably at 7225 Martin Way E. in Olympia, another in Tumwater, and another in Lacey. I don't know about dog treats, have never had a dog with us when getting coffee.
Thanks. Most drive-throughs give dog treats but they're often the bulk generic kind that my dog turns up his nose at. Some of them have good ones, though.

Always been a Dutch Bros fan, thanks.

Old 12-15-2022, 01:08 PM

14,458 posts, read 12,086,413 times
Been awhile now since I had a dog with me regularly driving around, they always loved drive throughs of any kind. Even the bank. But they weren't picky about treats!

Old 12-16-2022, 12:27 AM

7,538 posts, read 17,224,480 times
I had to drive from Lacey to Seattle today starting at 1:30 PM. Traffic was unreal (and I live in downtown Seattle!). From a couple miles west of Nisqually through to Lakewood we were basically going under 10 MPH and all lanes were completely stopped for 1-2 minutes several times.

Is this normal for that part of Washington? Seattle never, ever has traffic that bad. I was completely shocked.

Old 12-16-2022, 07:47 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,550 posts, read 81,103,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
I had to drive from Lacey to Seattle today starting at 1:30 PM. Traffic was unreal (and I live in downtown Seattle!). From a couple miles west of Nisqually through to Lakewood we were basically going under 10 MPH and all lanes were completely stopped for 1-2 minutes several times.

Is this normal for that part of Washington? Seattle never, ever has traffic that bad. I was completely shocked.
Yes, in fact I chuckled at your post, because that stretch of I5, especially between Dupont/the base and Lakewood, but often all the way into Tacoma is the worst traffic in the state. We have driven it on every day and time over the years and it never fails to be stop and go except for maybe midnight-5am. It always seems worse going north than going south. AT least the trip through Tacoma and Fife is much better since they finally finished all of the construction. I might add that when going south in the morning we love to stop in Nisqually at the Medicine Creek Café for breakfast.

Old 12-16-2022, 10:38 PM

1,683 posts, read 2,705,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Yes, in fact I chuckled at your post, because that stretch of I5, especially between Dupont/the base and Lakewood, but often all the way into Tacoma is the worst traffic in the state. We have driven it on every day and time over the years and it never fails to be stop and go except for maybe midnight-5am. It always seems worse going north than going south. AT least the trip through Tacoma and Fife is much better since they finally finished all of the construction. I might add that when going south in the morning we love to stop in Nisqually at the Medicine Creek Café for breakfast.
It is the worst stretch, even on Sunday midday. We have also tried to time it and always get stuck in traffic there.

Old 12-17-2022, 11:41 AM

14,458 posts, read 12,086,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post

It's fine until someone crashes... Trouble is there is no real alternate routes around Nisqually. If there's a wreck on the freeway, everyone pretty much has to stick it out there until it clears.

Old 12-17-2022, 01:34 PM

8,213 posts, read 16,689,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayfair View Post
It is the worst stretch, even on Sunday midday. We have also tried to time it and always get stuck in traffic there.
I was always told it was due to overcrowding around the JBLM Base. Most military start early and get off early. But even that varies depending on current duty assignments. So, beating the traffic isn't as easy it might normally sound. Of course accidents make it worse just like any freeway. However, I've driven through other bases around the country and they aren't that bad. There's a similar singular corridor through Camp Pendleton along I-5 in SoCal. While traffic backs up, its more during rush hour.

Back to the original question, hopefully Metlakatla will never have to drive that far north for a dog grooming appt. I'm sure there's gotta be something closer in to Olympia. Here's one that comes to you which is pretty convenient. Mandy's Barks 'N' Bubbles Mobile Dog Grooming

Derek

Last edited by MtnSurfer; 12-17-2022 at 02:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington