Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2022, 06:33 PM

280 posts, read 310,539 times

Advertisements

My vacation is coming up soon, and I am debating if I should just take Uber everywhere in Washington?

I'm used to it. I can see which cars are right in my vicinity in the app, and waiting for uber is usually short. However, admittedly I am saying this about Uber from the viewpoint of taking it while living in a smaller city, not a Major one like DC.

All of my tourist places are at the National Mall since I'm only going to be there for three days.

My place to stay is within walking distance of the Potomac Metro.

The only longer-distance place on my itinerary is the Smithsonian Zoo I think. I kinda want to see the Pentagon and The FBI building too if I can squeeze it in, and google maps is saying all of them would be quicker using rideshare.

Should I go by a bus schedule when Uber has always been quicker, and I'm on limited time?

What are your thoughts?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2022, 06:50 PM

14,654 posts, read 12,316,970 times
You're in the wrong Washington.... this is the STATE

Old 07-20-2022, 08:48 PM

314 posts, read 489,788 times
Wrong Washington....this is the place if you like complaining about Olympia politicians, rain, or the Seahawks lol.

Old 07-20-2022, 08:52 PM

14,654 posts, read 12,316,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenview94602 View Post
Wrong Washington....this is the place if you like complaining about Olympia politicians, rain, or the Seahawks lol.

Don't bring an umbrella to a Seahawks game, everyone will know you're a tourist.

Old 07-20-2022, 09:02 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,119,747 times
4 Years ago my realtor said there might be one Uber driver in the north peninsula but I think he was joshing me.

So about the umbrella thing.
We don’t have much use for them but we are going to bee bop around Alaska in a couple weeks.
Should my wife bring our gulf umbrella we use for puppy training?

Old 07-20-2022, 09:11 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,956,122 times
Though wrong forum I do not recommend Uber. While there are some decent drivers you never know for sure what you get. Yes Uber requires a yearly vehicle inspection but the drivers are never tested, though they do a preliminary background check. It is an additional risk when drivers have no proof they are safe. Uber will accept almost anyone except for those who have obviously had a number of infractions or tickets. But with covid it is my opinion the standards have been relaxed. Think of it this way…do you trust an Uber driver you have no idea about to get you to your destination safely? I would be wary, but that is just me. Traditional cabs atleast are regulated. Uber drivers have few regulations. Disclosure: I worked Uber passenger deliveries in 2017-2018, moving to Uber and Door Dash food delivery the last four years. Less stressful because food accidents, while not enjoyable, are a hell a lot better than passenger accidents.

Oh and to the op, Washington DC has an excellent public transit subway.

Last edited by pnwguy2; 07-20-2022 at 09:47 PM..

Old 07-21-2022, 02:47 AM

3,710 posts, read 2,444,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasy09 View Post
My vacation is coming up soon, and I am debating if I should just take Uber everywhere in Washington?

I'm used to it. I can see which cars are right in my vicinity in the app, and waiting for uber is usually short. However, admittedly I am saying this about Uber from the viewpoint of taking it while living in a smaller city, not a Major one like DC.

All of my tourist places are at the National Mall since I'm only going to be there for three days.

My place to stay is within walking distance of the Potomac Metro.

The only longer-distance place on my itinerary is the Smithsonian Zoo I think. I kinda want to see the Pentagon and The FBI building too if I can squeeze it in, and google maps is saying all of them would be quicker using rideshare.

Should I go by a bus schedule when Uber has always been quicker, and I'm on limited time?

What are your thoughts?

Thanks
You can use the Metro/ subway and at times Uber.

I lived in the District in the past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington