Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2022, 03:51 PM

146 posts, read 154,365 times

Advertisements

Haha deleted my crime posts that showed Williamson County in TN much safer than Pierce or King.

I guess you have to do your own research.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2022, 10:13 PM

1,066 posts, read 892,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlud View Post
Haha deleted my crime posts that showed Williamson County in TN much safer than Pierce or King.

I guess you have to do your own research.
Your first statement was

Quote:
To help prevent theft I moved to TN, it’s been working great so far.
Clearly you know Tennessee crime is much worse than Washington. I’m sure there aren’t any trail break ins in Tennessee.

Old 06-10-2022, 10:54 AM

6,227 posts, read 3,409,932 times
Paroling trail heads for crime? You sure the parking lot patrols aren't looking for cars with out a parking or trail permit.

Old 06-11-2022, 09:04 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,485,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Paroling trail heads for crime? You sure the parking lot patrols aren't looking for cars with out a parking or trail permit.
These are local trails in the city or county with no pass required. People are only armed with a smile and a cup of coffee. More eyes will make it more difficult for thefts to occur. Over the past year plus, these type of crimes have increased dramatically.

Old 06-12-2022, 07:57 PM

146 posts, read 154,365 times
So my comments were that Williamson county TN was far safer than Pierce county WA. Moderator deleted it because data came from somewhere they didn’t like. Williamson so far is so much safer for us, comfortable going anywhere, feel free to look up data.

For me it comes down to crime in the area I live or travel. I don’t go to Memphis…but i lived in Pierce county and that was getting worse every day. I miss the WA weather and sound but not the rest. So easy to get places, Nashville is fun to go to, people are very outgoing and nice.

Don’t like the bugs here either, got spoiled up there and while not bad here even a few is more than none. If they could stop enabling criminals and make it safer for law abiding families we may end up back there, but there was a reason Nashville was more expensive than the Puget Sound.

Old 06-12-2022, 08:39 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,722 posts, read 58,054,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlud View Post
So my comments were that Williamson county TN was far safer than Pierce county WA. ...
For me it comes down to crime in the area I live or travel. ..., Nashville is fun to go to, people are very outgoing and nice.

Don’t like the bugs here either, got spoiled up there and while not bad here even a few is more than none. If they could stop enabling criminals and make it safer for law abiding families we may end up back there, but there was a reason Nashville was more expensive than the Puget Sound.
1) Watch out for Telephone company bombers (at least he offered a warning)
https://www.tennessean.com/in-depth/...le/6578915002/
https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field...hville-bombing
1b), shootings at nearby apartments https://www.wkrn.com/news/local-news...arty-shooting/

2) watch out for Chiggers! (Yesterday, I brought a lot of itching chigger bites home to PNW)

https://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-...-chigger-bites

OT... I drive a beater car to trailhead, as I have for 30 yrs. but... even those are prone to be vandalized. (lately). The rural crime has really increased, especially with different Amazon delivery drivers (and contractors(?) casing out your home every day. They have 2way radios and 'unemployed' associates available in your neighborhood to assist with cleaning out your home. But they're only after the valuable stuff. You still need to get rid of your own trash.

Last edited by StealthRabbit; 06-12-2022 at 09:02 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
View detailed profiles of: