Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2022, 11:43 AM

6,277 posts, read 3,437,802 times

Advertisements

This could be an alternative commute from Kent either north or south...there is a free parking garage and the train is rather cheap in comparing the gas prices to the Sounders ticket price. One problem maybe to make sure if you travel late at night the train may not be available for a return trip. Like for instant going to an evening sports event.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2022, 04:05 PM

148 posts, read 291,382 times
Thanks guys for all your comments and suggestions!
We did lease a nice sized rambler (just under 2000sf) in Puyallup.
We had only 5 days to make a decision and this one was the best one we could find in that short span.
While it is definitely a commute and one further than we would like, it is very clean ,open and equipt with SS appliances, a five piece MB and walk in closets(which are a step up from our current 1975 two-story home minus the very dangerous stairs which has caused at least two serious ankle injuries for me. I really need the bedroom, bathroom ,kitchen and living room on one level ,so this ranch fits the bill for me. (One Colorado foot/ankle surgeon insisted I would have to have Total Ankle Replacement before I reach 60, and I am trying hard to avoid that.)

I can deal with basements stairs as long as everything else is on the main level. If I ever have to live in a two story again, I will need a main level master bath/bedroom. Going up or down stairs occasionally is ok, just not dozens of times a day, as I have to do in Colorado.

Old 05-10-2022, 05:17 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,262,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasYankee View Post
Hello everybody!
My husband secured a space job in Kent and we are moving mid- May.
We are flying up next week to secure a rental house.
So far , there seem to be a lot of rentals in Puyallup and all of them seem to be HOAs.
Are there other towns we should be looking at that would be a manageable (45 minutes or less) commute to Kent, or should we consider Kent itself?
We can afford up to around $3,500, and we have cats.
Thank you in advance for ideas, suggestions, website advice, etc.
We are thrilled to be exiting Colorado at last after such a long detour into misery!
Congratulations on the move. I used to live in Kent Years ago, up on the hill, around Port Orchard. Moved to Los Angeles, Fathers job transfer. I would not know the place now lots of changes through the years.
Kent was a good area where i lived in those days!

Old 08-04-2022, 09:59 AM

24 posts, read 20,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
What was your son's problem with the Kent area? I lived there (East Hill) for 34+ years and found it most attractive and easy to get around.
Where he lived there was a LOT of crime, didn't feel safe walking out at night.
Not saying there aren't favorable places to live in Kent, but as I said, check around first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington