Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2022, 09:59 AM

8,071 posts, read 8,367,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving2PS View Post
Thank you for the link to the webcam. Its 7:30 am PST and traffic doesn't look bad at all. I'll save the website and check traffic everyday if possible just to get an idea. Thanks again!!
There is a backup not being shown on I-5 to get on eastbound Hwy 2 during the PM commute. See: https://wsdot.com/Travel/Real-time/M...featureid=1525

Not sure about the AM commute. You should check the webcams for backups on SR-204 and 20th St SE, which are the main routes from Lake Stevens, during the AM commute.

Like anything, you have to balance negatives and positives. You'll only be commuting three days a week, which should alleviate the impact of traffic backups. Positives could be more affordable rents, a sense of community, good schools, and increased recreational opportunities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2022, 12:18 PM

1,495 posts, read 1,672,636 times
Trestle traffic used to be bad from 6-7.30am, although I've not driven it at those times for a few years so I can't say what it is like now, so if you are expecting you might need an earlier commute then it is worth checking it for those earlier times. The afternoon slow downs are more spread out, but it backs up even worse. It's the only way from Everett to Lake Stevens without a big detour that adds at least 15 minutes at the best of times, so it is a bit of a bottleneck.

Old 03-31-2022, 09:29 AM

14 posts, read 15,783 times
Update : I declined the offer.... mainly due to cost of real estate. Even though I could live comfortably while I rent, at some point I will have to buy a house and the real estate market is insane !!!

I am thinking about targeting jobs in cities that has aerospace jobs & lower cost of real estate such as Wichita (KS), Savannah (GA) and Greensboro (NC). I do have a few leads in GA and NC.

Thanks a lot for all the info. Certainly helped me make my decision. Appreciate it !!

Old 03-31-2022, 10:24 AM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Thanks for the update, OP, but you kind of moved the goal posts on us. You said you were looking to buy eventually. We could have advised you on that, as well; where to find more affordable RE still within commute distance of your job. Oh well. I hope things work out for you, wherever you choose to land.

Old 03-31-2022, 10:41 AM

6,227 posts, read 3,409,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moving2PS View Post
Hello Friends !!
I have an offer to work for an aerospace company in Everett Wa. I will be commuting very close to Paine field. I currently reside in Montreal Canada. We are a family of 4 with 2 little kids (One is moving into grade 2 this fall, one will still be in daycare). I am looking at a 20-30 min commute max. I really like Mukilteo, Mill Creek, and Bothell.
Since you are from Montreal you should know they don't speak French in Everett.
Quote:
My plan is to rent a 2 bed 2 bath apartment or a townhouse (if i can find one). Housing budget is 2500-2700. I am looking for a good school district, the more multicultural the students background the better. Any suggestions?
I read a few threads with general suggestions on areas to avoid such as Everett & Lynnwood. Are there any other areas to avoid?
I worked in Boeing Everett off and on for 30 some years. Worked on 747 number one and later on 747 number 1000.
But never lived in either area but know people who live in Lynnwood and it was at that time a very livable area. In my opinion Snohomish which is just a short drive east of Everett is a very nice community...not to big and not too small.

Quote:
Tips/comments/suggestions appreciated Thanks a lot !!
Good luck and welcome to the good old USA.

Old 04-01-2022, 01:06 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
Since you are from Montreal you should know they don't speak French in Everett.

I worked in Boeing Everett off and on for 30 some years. Worked on 747 number one and later on 747 number 1000.
But never lived in either area but know people who live in Lynnwood and it was at that time a very livable area. In my opinion Snohomish which is just a short drive east of Everett is a very nice community...not to big and not too small.

Good luck and welcome to the good old USA.
Snohomish as a great idea. OP (if you're still checking in to your thread), you didn't really give the area a chance. If we'd known you were looking to buy eventually, you'd have gotten different advice, like this here (above). But....too late now, I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington