Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2021, 08:25 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,073,668 times

Advertisements

Are you all seeing any nice Christmas lights?
We don’t do much but like seeing others go all out.

The only ones within a few miles are the tribe and downtown Sequim.
The tribe has increased their lights a lot.
Downtown is doing ok.

My kid gave me this pic from last year of the Tribal Center we didn’t take it and the credit should go to Keith Ross whom I’ve never met.
This year there are actually more lights and I might have to try taking one of these.
Attached Thumbnails
Are you seeing Christmas lights?-fb639f2e-b8b4-4b9a-9534-de390012620f.jpeg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2021, 09:15 PM

8,214 posts, read 16,695,180 times
Funny that you mention it. We just got back from viewing some local light shows. There's some good ones in the high-end neighborhood right next to Lacamas Lake. Some of these folks go all out.

Derek

Old 12-22-2021, 12:22 AM

2,417 posts, read 3,253,471 times
Nice lights thanks for the Pictures.

Old 12-22-2021, 08:00 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,563 posts, read 81,147,605 times
Here in Sammamish people have gone nuts this year. Pretty much every block has several homes with very elaborate displays, the lit blow-up displays along with many lights, and the moving projected images. This has to be a big cash cow for PSE when the December electric bills come out. We like to drive around on Christmas Eve to look at the lights, and normally have to drive a few miles to the well decorated neighborhoods. This year, they start right on our own street. Perhaps it's making up for last year when people were not getting together, or maybe because the neighborhood is turning over, with empty nesters replaced by young families with kids.

Old 12-22-2021, 08:35 AM

14,472 posts, read 12,095,136 times
Those are beautiful! Beautiful homes with beautiful lights.

We have a humble place at the end of a very long private road, so no one sees our lights but us. Still, they make us happy, and the occasional lost person and the garbage collector truck.

We may head out one of these nights for some Christmas light touring... just have to get up the gumption to stay up late one of these nights!

Old 12-22-2021, 10:01 AM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,563 posts, read 81,147,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
Those are beautiful! Beautiful homes with beautiful lights.

We have a humble place at the end of a very long private road, so no one sees our lights but us. Still, they make us happy, and the occasional lost person and the garbage collector truck.

We may head out one of these nights for some Christmas light touring... just have to get up the gumption to stay up late one of these nights!
I had to laugh at this, because it's dark by 4:30 here now. We could go see the lights before dinner.

Old 12-22-2021, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
I had to laugh at this, because it's dark by 4:30 here now. We could go see the lights before dinner.

I know, but we pretty much live our life in winter on the same routine as summer. We eat dinner before putting the farm animals in, and they go in at dark, every day. After dark, we watch TV for a couple hours before falling asleep. In summer, that means we are in bed by about 11. In the short days of winter, we're fighting to stay awake past 8 oclock! The struggle is real!

Old 12-22-2021, 02:02 PM

8,214 posts, read 16,695,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana Holbrook View Post
I know, but we pretty much live our life in winter on the same routine as summer. We eat dinner before putting the farm animals in, and they go in at dark, every day. After dark, we watch TV for a couple hours before falling asleep. In summer, that means we are in bed by about 11. In the short days of winter, we're fighting to stay awake past 8 oclock! The struggle is real!
Whoa!! I could never imagine that in a million years, personally. That said, I know lots of folks have different sleep schedules. I worked with a lady who preferred coming in at 3:30 AM year round. I tried to picture what time she normally went to sleep for that to ever work well for her.

Maybe the farm life lends itself better to the old 'early to bed early to rise' sleep routine.

But still, if its dark by 4:30 PM, there's plenty of time to be in bed by 8 PM, right? Maybe splurge a little and stay up until 8:30 PM.

Derek

Old 12-22-2021, 02:24 PM

We try! Will let you know if we can get out to look at some of the neighborhood lights.

Old 12-22-2021, 02:56 PM

726 posts, read 1,367,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post

I was chuckling when I read that too :-) although this used to be always a night owl is turning into a hibernating bear in these short gray winter days...

Christmas lights.... maybe try one of the festive boat parades.. always lovely with the reflection on the water...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
View detailed profiles of: