Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2021, 02:30 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,529,233 times

Advertisements

The UHaul numbers are far from official and do not represent necessarily permanent movers. From this you get an uneducated Trumper to actually explain causation LOL

I just knew Ricarguy would be there with his illiterate rantings, so I checked and added this. A person's credibility can be improved if they get that GED.

The official figures, and they are done by demographers who have to get it right and use approved methodology, is that In-migration is, and has been about 80,000, in each of the past several years. That's a lot -too much. The forecast is for it to level out to about 50,000 new residents per year- still too much unless they all go east but that's just my opinion.

https://ofm.wa.gov/washington-data-r...ation-forecast
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2021, 02:36 PM

and here's more from the World Population Review

"According to current projections, Washington's population will reach 8.9 million by 2040, with migration contributing 59% of this increase, while the remaining 41% will be contributed by natural increases (or the number of births minus the number of deaths). While 14% of Washington's total population is now over the age of 65, this percentage will climb to 21% by 2040, which will have serious impacts on planning and policy-making for the state as a whole".

https://worldpopulationreview.com/st...ton-population

Old 07-03-2021, 07:44 PM

3,206 posts, read 2,491,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestGuest View Post
The UHaul numbers are far from official and do not represent necessarily permanent movers. From this you get an uneducated Trumper to actually explain causation LOL

I just knew Ricarguy would be there with his illiterate rantings, so I checked and added this. A person's credibility can be improved if they get that GED.

The official figures, and they are done by demographers who have to get it right and use approved methodology, is that In-migration is, and has been about 80,000, in each of the past several years. That's a lot -too much. The forecast is for it to level out to about 50,000 new residents per year- still too much unless they all go east but that's just my opinion.

There is no need to slander another CD Forum member.

Old 07-04-2021, 07:57 AM

368 posts, read 305,698 times
Washington will continue to benefit from California and Oregon residents leaving high income tax states.

These are people who are generally left leaning, don’t mind being locked down, earn good/great income and like the climate.

Old 07-04-2021, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPlorer48 View Post
There is no need to slander another CD Forum member.

Slander implies that my comments are not correct.

Old 07-04-2021, 11:03 AM

Zerp do you have any data on that? My guess is California residents are also leaving as they retire if they can find a lot more land -house for their buck. SW Washington is green but undiscovered-soon RE prices will be increasing.

Also some Californians are leaving because of the fires and in many of those smaller non-metro counties California is solidly GOP and Conservative.

Did you know more California Counties vote GOP than Dem? The larger ones however make the difference.

Old 07-04-2021, 06:24 PM

368 posts, read 305,698 times
Quote:
Zerp do you have any data on that? My guess is California residents are also leaving as they retire if they can find a lot more land -house for their buck. SW Washington is green but undiscovered-soon RE prices will be increasing.

Also some Californians are leaving because of the fires and in many of those smaller non-metro counties California is solidly GOP and Conservative.

Did you know more California Counties vote GOP than Dem? The larger ones however make the difference.
https://www.northamerican.com/moving...-to-washington
https://californiamoversusa.com/reso...om-california/
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...-are-moving-to

Old 07-04-2021, 08:17 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,226,596 times
Quote:

If you think that Washington population growth isn’t a good thing why do you need to go to all this trouble to prove it’s true?

Old 07-05-2021, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
If you think that Washington population growth isn’t a good thing why do you need to go to all this trouble to prove it’s true?

It depends where the growth is and how fast. Some places need more people and are losing population while others are becoming too crowded. When I said "over 80,000 a year" may be too much its because traditionally they go to the Seattle Area-- have you ever driving.

To answer your question specifically however, the UHall methodology is faulty and relied on by more ignorant people. Demographics is an established academic field with required training. The results are not as important as the process.

Old 07-05-2021, 02:45 PM

ZERP - learn just a little about methodology and secondary sources. Take 5 minutes and go the state data methodology page and see if you can figure it out. Also google why anecdotal evidence is not reliable.

Washington is growing and will continue to grow. Get it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
View detailed profiles of: