Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2021, 01:39 PM

1,434 posts, read 668,263 times

Advertisements

Please just wear your mask where and when you like and let others choose the same for themselves. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2021, 02:17 PM

9,182 posts, read 12,133,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freepelican View Post
Moderna and Pfizer protect against Delta but not as good as they do against the original virus... less than 90% is what the studies are showing so far but we don't have enough data yet to have a firm idea. Bottom line, there is definitely more risk of getting Delta even if vaccinated with the most effective vaccines. Plus, if you do get sick with Delta (or spread it others), there is higher chance for severe consequences. I for one will err on the side of caution and continue wearing a mask in public unless outside and well away from others. I don't like 10-12% odds, or more, and I do not want to spread it. I respect businesses who still require masks and I've let that be known to managers and owners.
These % are for catching the virus not for deaths or hospitalizations. Very few people are hospitalized after been fully vaccinated.

Old 06-26-2021, 04:54 PM

Location: Whatcom County, WA/Cherokee County, NC/Pike County, KY
447 posts, read 333,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
Wednesday early afternoon:
Dock boardwalk- most of people are maskless.
Pike Place, 1st Ave. -Mostly wearing masks.
That's because the fisherman aren't nearly as smart educated and well versed as the civil Seattlites with the official mandates and expert recommendations in regard to covid19.

Old 06-26-2021, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
It's summer... stay outside,

B.1.617.2.1 or AY.1 -- Delta Plus is the troublesome one, by Fall we should have Delta ++ or beyond.
Delta Plus has an extra mutation called K417N,
To date, there have been about 160 strains of the coronavirus sequenced globally,
Is it more infectious, deadly or vaccine-resistant?
According to the Indian government's Covid-19 genome sequencing body, the Delta Plus variant exhibits several worrying traits such as increased transmissibility, stronger binding to receptors of lung cells, and a potential reduction in antibody response.
It's not yet clear what effect the mutation may have on vaccine efficacy -- but Julian Tang, professor of respiratory sciences at the University of Leicester, warned it could potentially give the variant "significant vaccine escape properties."
https://www.cnn.com/2021/06/25/healt...scn/index.html

vaccine is just (1) ONE tool to fight Covid (in general)

Aerosal viral spread is VERY easy to understand and to effectively control spread. Covid aerosal is very small particles, and similar spread to how you tell if a smoker or perfume user walks in the room. Know the air patterns and your plan and escape. (As MIT asked CDC... "Where did you come up with 6ft!, sometimes 60 ft is not adequate spacing!")

You can always carry a HVAC anenometer with you (~$35 - $200)
Or just be observant for air returns and flow / exchanges if you MUST be inside a crowded space for over 15 min at a time.

Carry and use your trusty $0.05 DIY copper zapper (Just another tool)

Use ALL the tools you can, as there are quite a few fully vaccinated testing positive. Tho CDC claims you are less likely to die / have severe Covid if vaccinated, BUT vaccine does NOT make you immune or free from transmitting Covid to others.

Be smart, this is not going away, especially in USA.

Now if we just had everyone RFID' with contact tracing and a very diligent testing, tracking, and reporting system... Some of us have been wearing RFID's for tracking for nearly 15 yrs. *EDL / port security clearance. No harm done yet....
I say we just merge humans with machiines, all programmed remotely so we don't have to worry about forgetting or stepping too close to someone. We need more variety of vaccines also since the first and 2nd doses didn't really address actual covid strains and variants. It'll be nice if we could all just get a cocktail of about 10 shots at once so we don't have to worry about it so much.

Old 06-26-2021, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingsaucermom View Post
As much as you eff-ing annoyed me in your other crappy reparations post I get what you are saying here. I've seen it in the media too and I don't disagree with the underlining cynical assumption in this post. The only difference is you're just a jerk about it here and I'm not.

Look, if my personal theory about this mess is correct, then it's going to go on and on and on. But I'm pretty wasted right now dealing with that personal theory of mine in real time (trying to cool down) and don't want to get into it.

So yeah.... delta, huh? Like as in the greek system?

What happens when we get to omega?
Omega is a supplement therefore not advised. People need to choose a course of action and stick to it, so at least we can tell what is working in our demographics. Vaccines and masks verse no vaccine and no mask.

Old 06-26-2021, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthRabbit View Post
And your meaningful content to Surviving the Delta variant (?)

Carry on (as you must).

This was broadcast today and had some hints
https://www.sciencefriday.com/segmen...ovid-patients/

other helpful resources...
https://www.nationalgeographic.com/s...ts-on-the-rise
https://www.gavi.org/vaccineswork/fi...-we-still-need
I can condense those 3 links in 3 words. Take 1,000 vaccines.

Old 06-26-2021, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny3 View Post
Please just wear your mask where and when you like and let others choose the same for themselves. Thanks.
Sir. It's my duty to advise the unadvised and uninformed that the CDC and WHO recommends to mask up. Also, vaccinate, or you will face undefined and unnamed repercussion. The officials will use any means necessary to see to it you comply, for the planet and children and old people who are loved so much.

Old 06-27-2021, 12:33 AM

726 posts, read 1,368,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botev1912 View Post
These % are for catching the virus not for deaths or hospitalizations. Very few people are hospitalized after been fully vaccinated.

We need more data to get the full picture but so far the Delta variant is causing more hospitalizations, even for the fully vaccinated. We also should be concerned with passing it on to others.

Old 06-27-2021, 02:03 PM

6,383 posts, read 5,006,598 times
I've already gotten two Pfizer doses but I kinda want to get a J&J or AZ shot just to diversify my immune response.

Old 06-28-2021, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTimidBlueBars View Post
I've already gotten two Pfizer doses but I kinda want to get a J&J or AZ shot just to diversify my immune response.
Fortifying your immune system with good food and supplements, as well as great sleep is a better way to build your immune system. You encounter what you encounter, but you don't need to inject unknown vaccines that can be harmful. Good health isn't built by taking shots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington