Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who are you voting for?
Bill Bryant (R) 14 40.00%
Jay Inslee (D) 19 54.29%
Undecided 2 5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 05:51 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,167,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
mail seems easier so not sure why Most would drop off at drop box
unlikely any unsavory postal practices in WA state
i think one can track your WA ballot online
still unsure about the one-stamp issue?
We dropped off ours today, the drop box is conveniently located in front of city hall and the library and I pass by there twice a day. Why spend money on stamps? We never use them, and pay for everything online. It's actually fun to vote so early. I got two calls today from people telling me who to vote for and enjoyed saying "you're too late, we already voted" and then hang up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2016, 06:18 PM

9,398 posts, read 8,877,334 times
Both are easy but these days finding a stamp and finding a post office is just as easy as finding a dropbox at least in Washington state. In smaller towns this could be different but overall either way it is quite easy to vote by mail or drop box.

Old 10-22-2016, 06:19 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,934,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
We dropped off ours today, the drop box is conveniently located in front of city hall and the library and I pass by there twice a day. Why spend money on stamps? We never use them, and pay for everything online. It's actually fun to vote so early. I got two calls today from people telling me who to vote for and enjoyed saying "you're too late, we already voted" and then hang up.
Why spend money on gas if you don't live/work in walking distance to drop box (not to confused with the lock box)?
I was challenging your statement that more people drop box than postal mail.

Old 10-22-2016, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwguy2 View Post
Both are easy but these days finding a stamp and finding a post office is just as easy as finding a dropbox at least in Washington state. In smaller towns this could be different but overall either way it is quite easy to vote by mail or drop box.
yes

Old 10-22-2016, 07:49 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,576 posts, read 81,167,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
Why spend money on gas if you don't live/work in walking distance to drop box (not to confused with the lock box)?
I was challenging your statement that more people drop box than postal mail.
Actually, someone else said that, not me. If I had to guess, more probably are mailing it, with some dropping it at the post office the last day.

Old 10-22-2016, 08:13 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,045,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Not with democrats counting the ballots in King County.
I guess that you don't actually know anything about how ballots are counted. It is a secure process and bipartisan observers are present.

Nobody other than that buffoon Trump really thinks that there is any electoral skullduggery.

Old 10-22-2016, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Actually, someone else said that, not me. If I had to guess, more probably are mailing it, with some dropping it at the post office the last day.
Sorry, it was pnwguy, who I was challenging his statement that more people drop box than postal mail.

Old 10-31-2016, 11:05 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
I would normally vote Republican but I will not vote for Bryant because he does not support Donald Trump. Maybe I'll vote Inslee as a protest, he's going to win anyway. Or maybe I'll vote 3rd party if it's on the ballot.
I am filling out my ballot now. There is no third party option..only Inslee and Bryant. I would consider myself far right wing yet I am actually voting for Jay Inslee! I disagree with him on every issue across the board yet am getting a tingle of excitement as I vote for him. I am punishing Bill Bryant (who had no chance anyway) for not supporting Donald Trump. I prefer Democrats to anti-Trump establishment Republicans.

Old 10-31-2016, 07:17 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,044,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
.................. There is no third party option..only Inslee and Bryant........................
Washington is a top two primary state for state offices.

You MUST vote for third party candidates in the primary for them to advance to the General Election in November.

IF people voted for third party candidates in the primary the political system in Washington state would quickly improve....doesn't matter left or right, just not D or R.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington