Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2011, 10:05 AM

5 posts, read 4,845 times

Advertisements

My family and I are going to be moving from Illinois to WA/OR area. We are a young family...I 28 and my husband 32. We have 3 kids and pets. I am originally from Seattle, WA and moved out here with my husband 10 years ago. I've lived in West Seattle, Capitol Hill, Rainier Valley, and Auburn. Out of all areas, I only liked West Seattle. We both do not like living in Illinois. The weather sucks and theres nothing to really enjoy doing out here unless spending all your money. I have some family and friends back in Seattle and Portland areas. So benefit of us moving back west is family. I grew up on going outdoors, wether just out and about in the neigborhood or camping, and fishing trips. I'd like to raise our kids on that too...so I am excited. However its been so long since we have been out there....I'm wondering how are jobs right now? What areas are good to start out? I am currently a Sales Manager for a hotel i've been at for 4 years, and have lots experience in office work. My husband is working for DHS Global Terminal and use to manufacturing jobs. I'd like to find good family neighborhoods, good schools, nice parks, stores. We are a family of 5 and are wanting to rent a house or maybe mobile home. We would need at least 3 bedrooms and nice yard. Pet friendly too. Looking around Seattle area, maybe farthur east (Yakima or even Spokane) or go south (Vancouver or Portland), any sugjestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington