Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2010, 11:22 PM

19 posts, read 40,003 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I've seen many photos of bellingham, and I must say, the city looks gorgeous. However, I know that many times only the most beautiful pictures are shown and you don't get to see what the city is truely like. For example, I live in the phoenix area [az], and the internet makes it seem like a beautiful place, when really it's not. [In my opinon, of course]. Does anyone have any unedited pictures that can help me get a better understanding of the city? Whether it be good or bad. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 11:29 PM

16,259 posts, read 43,248,776 times
Google maps will be the best bet for that.

Google Maps

Old 07-09-2010, 08:26 AM

1,717 posts, read 4,656,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaniSue22 View Post
Hello all,

I've seen many photos of bellingham, and I must say, the city looks gorgeous. However, I know that many times only the most beautiful pictures are shown and you don't get to see what the city is truely like. For example, I live in the phoenix area [az], and the internet makes it seem like a beautiful place, when really it's not. [In my opinon, of course]. Does anyone have any unedited pictures that can help me get a better understanding of the city? Whether it be good or bad. Thanks
The city is gorgeous. The surrounding topography is breathtaking, The lakes, salt water and mountains make for a spectacular taste of what the PNW has to offer.

That said, try Googling "Downtown Bellingham" and then click the images link.

here's a link to lots of images.

bellingham downtown - Google Search

Here's one of Fairhaven for example (A quaint village in SW Bellingham)

fairhaven - Google Search

And here's a nice resource center for neighborhood information as well.

On the righthand margin you'll find useful links to the neighborhoods in the city. You can do google searches for images of each.

Fairhaven Real Estate | Bellingham WA Fairhaven Neighborhood Homes For Sale

Old 07-09-2010, 08:59 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,980,374 times
Just take my word for it, Bellingham is beautiful.

Old 07-09-2010, 10:12 AM

Thanks for the feedback and the links Bill. I will be visiting Bellingham next June. My fiancee and I plan on moving up there and want to check out the city before then. I just don't want to plan a big trip and have the wrong impression of the city. (The internet tends to do that sometimes!). They make Phoenix look beautiful in all the pictures I see, and really it is run-down, dirty and not attractive at all.Thanks again!

Old 07-09-2010, 12:04 PM

4,465 posts, read 8,010,062 times
My 2-cents:

I just returned from Bellingham (seasonal resident there), and while I am a fan of the place, I believe that the question you pose is so dependent upon personal tastes as to render anything short of actual experience in the locale (or any locale for that matter) insufficient to provide a definitive answer.

For myself, the scenery is indeed beautiful, but other factors will limit my status there to one of seasonal visitor. But, again, that's just my individual take. Like EPA mileage yours may vary considerably.
Good luck on your exploratory visit.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post
My 2-cents:

I just returned from Bellingham (seasonal resident there), and while I am a fan of the place, I believe that the question you pose is so dependent upon personal tastes as to render anything short of actual experience in the locale (or any locale for that matter) insufficient to provide a definitive answer.

For myself, the scenery is indeed beautiful, but other factors will limit my status there to one of seasonal visitor. But, again, that's just my individual take. Like EPA mileage yours may vary considerably.
Good luck on your exploratory visit.

You make a great point Geechie. I agree, everyone has their own opinion of the city. I guess my point of this thread is that, I've seen several professionally taken panoramic, edited photos of bellingham, and want to see everyday city shots. The good, the not so good, everything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington
View detailed profiles of: