Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Volkswagen
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2017, 02:39 PM

2,867 posts, read 3,563,883 times

Advertisements

Just saw the news that VW has killed off the Touareg for the US markets. Glad I didn't buy that new one a few weeks ago now. But does explain why a $63,000 car was being offered at $50,000 (brand new, executive model). I'd of bought it if they hadn't of tried to completely low-ball my 2015 GTI trade. Sometimes you get lucky without realizing it at the time. I'd be a little irritated now if I had a $50,000 new vehicle that is going to be discontinued in a few months. Flip side is exclusivity of ownership, but at the cost of increasing costs to repair due to probable decline of part availability...

I must say, the Touareg is probably one of my all-time favorite vehicles. Was sooooo close to pulling the trigger on an executive TDI about a week before the whole diesel fiasco surfaced, which eliminated the ability to buy an extended warranty on the car. Try trading one of those in a few years later!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2017, 06:01 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,261,536 times
Not really surprising, The Atlas is taking its place.

Old 07-13-2017, 02:26 PM

2,867 posts, read 3,563,883 times
That's going to be a tough sell for those who realized that the Touareg was essentially the Porsche Cayenne in sheep's clothing. The few I drove over the years really left me impressed. The T'reg was really something special. Cost a pretty penny though, which is probably it's death nail that killed it off.

Old 02-17-2022, 11:20 PM

64 posts, read 53,809 times
had to revisit this crypthread. early '14 saw a black R-Line coming out of d/fw airport, never saw/heard of that pkg before. from the back it was more impressive (led layout/badging) than the cayenne imo, at least in midnight black. found out the r-line has 1" lower suspension as well..just a cool looking ride albeit overpriced/underpowered but a decent city car esp for d/fw. started looking in the fall.

via autotrader, aftermkt dealer in DEN selling his personal '14 R-Line (6K mi) $62K sticker/$40K list. had local 3rd pty inspection, 0 issues. took a 1-way from DAL-DEN in oct., was on the road back to d/fw by 2:00pm, overnighted in AMA. the road ride was superb..esp. in mtns.

d/fw ride is a bit rough - more a touring suv. curently have had offers near what i paid for it; no sale. still have a '10 f-150 for band gigs & heavy lifting. haven/t driven an Atlas but the Touareg looks more muscular anyway..no issues just normal mtce. never seen another R-Line but that one time..strange.

moving up (?) to Taycan CrossTurismo when supply issues shake out (two yrs. my guess); shooting brake design in Chalk -

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Volkswagen