Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 06:42 PM

40 posts, read 200,895 times

Advertisements

i used to love oxnard in the 80's, plus i was just a little kid back then, i just got to wait untill may 07 to move ( school) and refreash on my spanish.

oh how is the nighlife in oxnard and ventrua county and how is the felmales out there? are they as good looking in l.a ( im single)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2006, 08:07 AM

231 posts, read 509,218 times
How long does it take to get from Oxnard to Ventura city? And I`m wondering about the public bus system- Does it sound feasable to be going back and forth by bus? Looks like I`m moving there in December, and it might take a couple months before I can get some wheels. I don`t have an apartment lined up yet either, but hopefully I`ll find something around the beach area (renting)- I might even start off by just renting a room somewhere. Any suggestions?

Old 09-26-2006, 03:21 PM

676 posts, read 3,077,824 times
Ventura is very close to Oxnard, just a town over. It would take about 15 minutes depending on what part of town you live and work - no longer than 20 minutes. Bus would be feasible too. It is called SCAT - South Coast Area Transit- maybe they have a website you can use to check out bus routes. As far as living, Oxnard is cheaper than Ventura, but you can sometimes find rooms to rent from people in the Ventura Keys which is near the ocean in Ventura. I think rooms probably go from around $500 to $800 - don't quote me on that because I haven't looked for a room in years. The local newspaper is the Ventura County Star. Good luck!

Old 03-06-2007, 12:22 AM

1 posts, read 5,271 times
Talking you guys dont know!!!

i dont kare what you people say! oxnard's murder rate is higher than half the cities in L.A. County. just look at the crime rates! who cares about getting punched, or robbed! you still live on. ive lived in Jamaica, queens. Washington heights, NYC, Chula Vista, ca (bad part of san diego).. and Oxnard's Murder rate is by far higher than those parts. and YES. There really is SHOOTINGS every weekend (infamous house parties). Adn weather or not you live a more or less affluent area, the bad seeds still stalk the street where ever it may be. I grew up here. beenaccounts of many violent crimes. Have some child-hood friends that have been murderd. and no im not in any gang. but here, you got to be tough, and smart to get through the ages of 15-22.

Old 03-06-2007, 06:15 AM

989 posts, read 5,928,603 times
From experience, I found the strip malls to be trashy. Apparently some residents do not believe in using receptacles.

Old 03-06-2007, 10:12 AM

40 posts, read 200,895 times
Default oxnard has crime YES, but not that bad today compared to yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeLongOxnardian View Post
i dont kare what you people say! oxnard's murder rate is higher than half the cities in L.A. County. just look at the crime rates! who cares about getting punched, or robbed! you still live on. ive lived in Jamaica, queens. Washington heights, NYC, Chula Vista, ca (bad part of san diego).. and Oxnard's Murder rate is by far higher than those parts. and YES. There really is SHOOTINGS every weekend (infamous house parties). Adn weather or not you live a more or less affluent area, the bad seeds still stalk the street where ever it may be. I grew up here. beenaccounts of many violent crimes. Have some child-hood friends that have been murderd. and no im not in any gang. but here, you got to be tough, and smart to get through the ages of 15-22.

my mom and dad lived in chula vista before moving to oxnard and my mom said it wasnt that bad.

are you saying that you grew up in oxnard then moved to other cities then came back? im not quite following

and i have to disagree with you on the murders. oxnard's murder rate is not that high ( if you talking about other cities in la meto than yeah, oxnard is like stana ana in oc, san berino in san beranio and compton in la co in terms of crime)

i do recall get punch alot, and seen alot of poeple getting there butts kick, getting robbed, and some getting shot at. i dont know how it is now, but its not that bad compared in the 80's- 90's. more of everything then plus it was smaller back then.

Old 03-08-2007, 09:02 PM

642 posts, read 2,556,581 times
I loved living in Oxnard ... problems and all! I never felt threatened by gang members and it was a laid back, traditional, easy going place. Definitely if I could have I would have stayed there. I miss it terribly. When I went back 5 yrs ago it had been improved on so much especially the park etc., I missed my old Oxnard though. There is places to stay away from but I found that people dont seek out someone to attack. It is just a place where you cant go around looking for trouble or you might bite off more then you can chew. Believe it or not I lived in Ventura at several different locations and preferred Oxnard over all of them. I made a lot of friends very easily there felt comfortable. It was not hard to be accepted. I didnt goto school there but my friends had and it was not too bad, it is about who you choose to be involved with. I knew some that went to Channel Islands and liked it to. I didnt like El Rio much though.

Old 03-09-2007, 12:32 AM

2,916 posts, read 11,085,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltoncity View Post
I loved living in Oxnard ... problems and all! I never felt threatened by gang members and it was a laid back, traditional, easy going place. Definitely if I could have I would have stayed there. I miss it terribly. When I went back 5 yrs ago it had been improved on so much especially the park etc.,

Believe it or not I lived in Ventura at several different locations and preferred Oxnard over all of them. I made a lot of friends very easily there felt comfortable. It was not hard to be accepted. ...
Must agree. There are a lot of good things happening in Oxnard. Crime is down, beautification is up. There's a lot of energy in Oxnard and the city is committed to positive change.

Like coltoncity, I too have lived in other parts of the area, Ventura and Santa Barbara counties. I've learned Oxnard's little hidden secrets, and find that along with its perfect year-round climate, it's a down-to-earth town where you can live your life and be yourself without complications.

Last edited by Winston Smith; 03-09-2007 at 12:52 AM..

Old 06-26-2008, 12:07 PM

1 posts, read 4,595 times
Oxnard Is The Best!!!! I Lived Here My Hole Life And I Love It People Here Are Hard Working And Very Nice And Yes Ramona "the School" Is Still Here U Should Come In Live Here Oxnard Is Great People Are So Friendly I Plan To Die Here I Moved To Alabama For A While And Let Me Tell U Something I Cried Every Night Cuz I Wanted To Come Home Alabama Is So Bad People Are So Racis And Ugly Omg I Hated Going Over There There Is Nothing Like Southern California And The City Of Oxnard

Old 06-26-2008, 12:29 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,833,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRENDA_CERVANT View Post
....I Lived Here My Hole Life....
Sounds like you really like it.

How are the schools in Oxnard where you attended?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County