Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 04:09 PM

1,549 posts, read 4,266,583 times

Advertisements

Quick question......

For the Gardens visit, would you all like to do the docent guided tour or self tour???? Personally I prefer the docent guided tour...it lasts 45 minutes and probably better than just reading the brochure along the way.

For those wanting to do lunch....early lunch...say 12 noon and do the gardens around 1:30 or 2????

Or later lunch...do gardens around 2 and lunch say 3:30 or so.....

What say you??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 09:18 PM

2,852 posts, read 6,500,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOON2BNSURPRISE View Post
The Garden looks like an awesome place to take a group photo. Is everyone OK with that? I am looking at my stomach and thinking I am not as thin as I let on to be within my posts. LOL Then again I like to pretend I am in better shape than I am. LOL I would blame it on the kids but if that was the case I would be in better shape. I can't keep up with my kids.
I'm in for a group photo, and anyone not up for that can opt out with no hassle

Old 05-12-2011, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKLO View Post
Ok, I am ok with the gardens...looks like we have consensus....somewhat...

Winston??? rgb???

Pics optional but I will be in them!! I love pics!!

I need to email one other person about the meet up and see what we can do....anyone want to grab lunch at the PF Chang's or Claim Jumper across the street from this garden???? Just a thought...
Will let you know about the lunch afterwards on the day of the Meet-Up, just to make sure we don't end up committed to something else later that day, LOL! But we are defo coming for the Garden meet-up.

Old 05-12-2011, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Quick question......

For the Gardens visit, would you all like to do the docent guided tour or self tour???? Personally I prefer the docent guided tour...it lasts 45 minutes and probably better than just reading the brochure along the way.

For those wanting to do lunch....early lunch...say 12 noon and do the gardens around 1:30 or 2????

Or later lunch...do gardens around 2 and lunch say 3:30 or so.....

What say you??
Yeah, but with the docent tour we have to be QUIET! We want to be able to chat and wander at will, LOL! I'm okay with whatever time you want to meet at the garden / lunch

Old 05-12-2011, 09:24 PM

Hey, did we pick the date? Need to mark my calendar so I don't double book things, LOL!

Old 05-12-2011, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Ok, I am ok with the gardens...looks like we have consensus....somewhat...

Winston??? rgb???

Pics optional but I will be in them!! I love pics!!

I need to email one other person about the meet up and see what we can do....anyone want to grab lunch at the PF Chang's or Claim Jumper across the street from this garden???? Just a thought...
We need a pic of you and me being crazy, LOL! I can capture a lizard and drop it on your head!!!

Old 05-13-2011, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanna View Post
We need a pic of you and me being crazy, LOL! I can capture a lizard and drop it on your head!!!
OH no.....I will become a track runner for sure on that very day!!!!

July 23rd I think will work for us....I tried to call the gardens yesterday but no one picked up. I will call them right now.

Old 05-13-2011, 11:09 AM

Ok, I called the place...here's the deal...we don't have to register to take pictures...they don't mind if we take pictures of the flowers and plants so no issue there. If we want to do a docent led tour, we can either make a reservation or we can just show up and grab brochures. I do need to know who is coming so please send me a message to let me know how many in your group will be joining us for the festivities! Either DM me here or send me a message to aerokid76 at gmail.com (trying to avoid spam!).

Here is the link to the self guided tour brochure:
http://www.gardensoftheworld.info/Fo...GuidedTour.pdf

Now if we want to do a group photo in the gardens, I have to make a reservation for that so maybe we can take the photo right outside the garden.

Tentative plans:
Gardens of the World
2001 Thousand Oaks Blvd
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
805-577-1135

July 23rd or July 30th (leaning more towards July 23rd)

Time: the only constraint I saw was SoontobeSunrise and that he could not attend unless it was at 3PM so I'm thinking we could start around 2:30 PM (Sunrise...let me know if you might be able to make it earlier, the gardens close at 5PM) else start at 3PM or earlier

Late Lunch/Early Dinner: For those that want to do lunch, we could do PF Chang's (or anywhere in that area i.e. Claim Jumper, pizza or whatever) around 1PM and then mosey on over to the garden at 3PM. Or eat after the gardens....

CHOICE IS YOURS:

So far, these are the people who have expressed interests in going:

24h7
DowntownVentura
Opensky
rgb123
Charles
Pedro
Soon2BNSunrise
WinstonSmith
Cyanna
LadyKLO

Others??

Please let me know your thoughts at the latest by Monday evening since I have to call the gardens back on Tuesday. Final details will be sent out via direct message or email for group privacy!

Old 05-13-2011, 03:37 PM

Thanks to everyone that have been emailing...by the way, "we" (us, yall, everyone!) are open to other ideas (restaurants, dates, venues, etc)...Final details will be sent out via DM or email to those who will send me an email! We have plenty of time!

Old 05-14-2011, 06:19 AM

168 posts, read 551,006 times
cool. thanks for putting this together. Garden of The World is right around the corner from my secondary home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Ventura County