Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2007, 09:56 PM

3 posts, read 10,993 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I am currently living in Chicago. My 2 1/2 year old son and I are planning on relocating to Vancouver, Wa. next month. I was offered a job selling insurance with my Aunt.
I have been researching apartments. I'm looking for something cute, great scenery, and safe for my son and I. And it needs to be affortable. I heard downtown Va. is nice.

I also am looking for a part time job while I am getting certified, and a babysitter for my son.

I know this is a lot, but thought someone could give me some ideas...

I can't wait to move, it looks beautiful!!

Thanks in advance. Everyone on this site seems so nice and helpful, love this site!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2007, 10:27 PM

5,595 posts, read 19,067,255 times
hi ashley.

Here's the link to the local Craigslist listings for the Vancouver area rentals. It's a place to start.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/apa/

I'm not real familiar with the Vancouver/Portland area so I'll be waiting with you to see how others reply who are more knowledgeable with the area.

Good luck and good fortune to ya!

Thanks.

--'rocco

edit: I just noticed that there are two other recent threads down the page a bit. Take a look at those. *laughs* ...there was even a discussion about watching out for your kneecaps if you live too close to Tonya Harding!

Old 04-29-2007, 11:01 AM

rocco-

Thanks for the link to Craigs list. I might have to invest in some knee pads

Old 04-29-2007, 10:29 PM

550 posts, read 3,268,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashley01 View Post
rocco-

Thanks for the link to Craigs list. I might have to invest in some knee pads
She lives in Yacolt. Just avoid that area. It's pretty rural, so it shouldn't be that difficult.

Old 04-30-2007, 08:16 PM

1 posts, read 3,641 times
Our local newspaper, The Columbian, has a website, you might find some helpful info there. 2 bedroom apts, nice areas start at about $650.00. My daughter lives in a 2 bedroom, 2 bath, complex. Pet friendly w/pool & clubhouse in the Cascade Park area for $685.00, lots of daycare available in the area to. Hope this helps!

Old 04-30-2007, 08:28 PM

Naypye-

Thanks for the great tip. I will check out the newspaper website. Also, the Cascade Park area.

Thanks again!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
View detailed profiles of: