Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2007, 10:41 AM

13 posts, read 56,958 times

Advertisements

My family and I are coming into town in a few weeks and it will be our first trip. We were wondering what your favorite eating spots are?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2007, 11:55 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,763 posts, read 58,190,820 times
depends what you like
Gustav's 164th south of mill plain (good fondue / german fare) but I prefer it's parent in NE Portland (Rhinelander, NE Sandy~ 15 minutes away), quieter, roaming musicians, 'early bird' specials, kids love it.

Rib City, East Mill Plain ~140th (behind Sheridan's custard)

I'd plan a trip to Jake's Crawfish in Portland, SW (1 blk east of Powell's Books, A MUST DO...) Jake's is pretty 'upscale, but still for $12-$15 you get very good quality food and service. Beats the tar out of Applebee's for similar price, went there last week(E Mill Plain in Vanc, was a rotten experience).

Rose's (SE 34th, and 192nd, NE corner)

Some folks realy like 'Leonardo's Pizza' (last one I knew of was at 164th and 1st street)

Sorry I don't have any northside, recommendations, we used to have a farm up there, but my favorite joints are gone, With the exception of a great breakfast & lunch joint at NE 78th and St Johns, (NW corner)~ 1 mile east of I-5 on 78th

The dining at the historic Grant House (East Evergreen, across from Ft Vanc) was quite good and affordable for Sunday Breakfast a few weeks ago. (behind City Library @ Mill Plain and I-5)

Since Vanc is a 'bedrm' community there are lots of 'Chain' eaterys, but quality varies. My other half likes McGrath's on East Mill Plain ~ 125th

Do a search as there were other recommendations for Vanc under 'Out of the way places" or something of the sort.

Old 01-17-2007, 12:34 PM

Thanks For The Info!

Old 01-17-2007, 08:43 PM

550 posts, read 3,268,081 times
Another little place you may try is east of Vancouver, in Washougal. It's a Mexican place called "Los Dos Compadres". The place is so popular that they're opening another one, also in Washougal. You can imagine how busy they must be if they're willing to put another location into the same town.

I'm currently in AZ and have access to some great Mexican food. But that little hole-in-the-wall place in Washougal is comparable, if not better than most around here. Most of my friends living in Portland or Salmon Creek use my coming into town as an excuse to head to "Los Dos Compadres" even though it's out in Washougal.

They have great food, but beware of the portion sizes. You can probably get away with only ordering on entree for two people. The sizes are insane. But the margaritas are amazingly good. (And huge, too!)

Old 01-18-2007, 01:07 AM

103 posts, read 504,164 times
rocky's pizza in battle ground. try the hot temper.

Old 01-18-2007, 08:42 AM

"Los Dos Compadres" Is already on ly list!...i have read about it sevral times on the board and cant wait to check it out. im not sure my wife would ever move some place that we couldnt get some good mexican food. only a few more weeks before i get ther...cant wait!

Old 01-18-2007, 12:27 PM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,763 posts, read 58,190,820 times
you might want to post on the OR site too, as it is only a bridge away (5-15 min)

depending on the age and activity of kids you could get some good suggestions to get an overall feel for the area.

example... if the kids arte really young, the Children's Museum is fun, if they are older, OMSI and if they want to ski... a cheap and good trip this year (abundant snow) is to Cooper Spur, just south of Hood River, It is pretty elementary for skill required, but quite inexpensive ~ $30 for ticket + rentals. Not the crowds of the west side of the mountian. Hood River is a nice town too, and a stop by the visitor center at Bonneville Dam, and Multnomah Falls will round out the trip. Night skiing is cheaper at some areas, with discount tickets available in town. Maybe a quick trip tp beach is in order...

There is good food in Hood River, but a tad spendier. If you want to optimize your trip, get in touch with me via PM and I can meet with you and scan map and objectives. There are some quick ways and times to transverse the area and see lots, rather than backed up in a Friday Afternoon jam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Vancouver area