Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2008, 09:50 AM

702 posts, read 1,983,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaytidid View Post
I agree! That one really, really gets my goat! I could see if there was a looong line of traffic and the offender had to go when they had a slight chance, but more times than not, they will sit at at light/sign, ect (if they bother to stop at all, mind you) and watch you for a few seconds THEN pull out just as you are approaching, all the while, there is no one behind you for miles. Would it have been so hard to wait those extra few seconds for me to pass??

I, too, would love to have NewtoUtah as a neighbor! I try to warn people about the culture shock. It does take some getting used to. I have to say though, either you do or you don't. I don't think there is an inbetween! If you decide NewtoUtah to move to Stansbury Park, let me know!!
Yup culture shock definitely. It is fine outside this development. I have had not one run in, well except for drivers, anywhere outside this place. I say all us new people create our own development..lol

Old 07-28-2008, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VC dreamer View Post
LOL.....yep, we'd get along great!.....

I live down here in Saratoga Springs, in the old resort neighborhood. Which means, that I'm one of those poor souls that have to put up with the mess on redwood, and the udot workers that aren't happy until you're crawling through at 25mph---even though the posted speed thru there is 45! Go figure!

I've lived here for just over a year and a half now, and the only people who have spoken to me, or my husband are the people on each side of us.....except for the lady down around the corner....she kept putting these 'emergency" forms on our door -forms that wanted to know all kinds of personal information about us-she stopped my husband at the mail box one day and asked him why he didn't return them back to her. She got a little put out when he told her that I kept throwing them away, saying that kind of information was none of her business.....

but, in all fairness I should point out that my other neighbors don't really talk to each other either....people here kinda just keep to themselves.
We received some emergency stuff on our door incase of a problem. We have survived many blizzards and hurricanes. I do have common sense and I don't really need help like putting a ribbon on my door and so forth, of course thats a whole different story. How far is Saratoga away from South Jordan???? Your lucky, my neighbors don't speak to me on the side of us. The only one that does, and they drink, are the ones a few doors down and I hardly ever see them. The only one I seem to keep running into is the idiot with the ugly dogs!!!! lol

Old 07-28-2008, 10:07 AM

1,821 posts, read 7,731,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoutah View Post
Just because they go to "temple" on Sundays don't make them any better than anyone else,
Temples are closed on Sundays actually.

Old 07-28-2008, 10:13 AM

Well why are the temples packed on Sundays then???? Oh thats right its Temple on Saturdays church on Sundays...ugh

Old 07-28-2008, 10:41 AM

1,371 posts, read 1,231,296 times
Saratoga Springs is about 16 miles south of you. My husband works in South Jordan and that is his commute. You live in Daybreak, right? I 'd guess it's right around 16 miles then. I'll track it, then next time I go to Harmons, over there.

Oh.....don't get me started on the common sense issue......that's one rant that I can go on for hours.....lol....

As for the emergency thing.....these were papers we were suppose to fill out with all of our information and then return to the address on the bottom. They were just left at the door....whoever brought them didn't even bother to knock and introduce themselves...and there was nothing that even remotely hinted at an "emergency action plan"....it just asked for our personal information....so I threw it away.

I've been through a 4.0 eathquake in CA....a tornado in KS, a blizzard in NE....and never once did I need to give out personal information in order to make it through......

Old 07-28-2008, 10:54 AM

1,703 posts, read 5,142,752 times
Quote:
Well why are the temples packed on Sundays then???? Oh thats right its Temple on Saturdays church on Sundays...ugh
Oh I know how annoying!!! Those danged religious people who actually go to church!
Good grief why does anti mormon sentiment have to creep into every thread.
These people that constantly complain about UT and the religious influence here need to just leave. There's 49 other states!

Old 07-28-2008, 10:59 AM

Quote:
How does the fact someone does or does not go to the temple affect you? You are complaining about not fitting into a predominant cultural and religious belief system instead of realizing that It’s important to a lot of people around you and trying to understand it.

That would be like going to Egypt and complaining when people pull out their prayer rugs in a restaurant because it’s time to pray. I did see that happen. Far from taking any kind of offense, I thought it was neat that they were devoted enough to interrupt their meal to do that.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:03 AM

Quote:

As for the emergency thing.....these were papers we were suppose to fill out with all of our information and then return to the address on the bottom. They were just left at the door....whoever brought them didn't even bother to knock and introduce themselves...and there was nothing that even remotely hinted at an "emergency action plan"....it just asked for our personal information....so I threw it away.

I've been through a 4.0 eathquake in CA....a tornado in KS, a blizzard in NE....and never once did I need to give out personal information in order to make it through......
In the LDS belief system, wards are set up to provide for the spiritual and physical welfare of people in the boundaries. That includes members and non-members alike. That is why, on the spiritual side, there is a missionary system. On the physical side, that would include emergency preparedness. Complaining about being included in a well-intentioned effort to help everyone involved in a disaster, regardless of religious belief, seems a little like biting the hand that would be willing to feed you if there ever was a real emergency.

Old 07-28-2008, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Saratoga Springs is about 16 miles south of you. My husband works in South Jordan and that is his commute. You live in Daybreak, right? I 'd guess it's right around 16 miles then. I'll track it, then next time I go to Harmons, over there.

Oh.....don't get me started on the common sense issue......that's one rant that I can go on for hours.....lol....

No I dont live in Daybreak, I live in Sterling Village which is near the new Walmart. Im like 5 mins from Harmons. Yeah look me up It would be nice to have a nice person to talk to and for the paperwork, I certainly wouldn't put any of my personal information on some form some mysterious person dropped off

Old 07-28-2008, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreameyes View Post
Oh I know how annoying!!! Those danged religious people who actually go to church!
Good grief why does anti mormon sentiment have to creep into every thread.
These people that constantly complain about UT and the religious influence here need to just leave. There's 49 other states!
Well I didn't choice this place, my husbands employment did and I have many other choices as soon as he, hopefully , gets transfered. And again I don't care about what others preach for religion. I am not anti mormon but where I live there are plenty of anti NOT mormon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Utah